FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nexen Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any experience or opinions about Nexen tires, particularly the N3000?

It seems to be very good for the value and just beginning to get noticed in North America.

I'm comparing between getting nexen n3000s, toyo proxes 4, or falken ze 512 for next spring :)

(hopefully to go with the rota slips if i can get them)
A few members have had these tire....
I liked the tire, Looked good, Performed well.
Great price.
It is a decent tire, but the rubber compound I find is very hard. This causes the traction to be an issue allot, exceptionally slippery on rainy days. On a plus side tread wear is excellent having a harder compound.

For my personal use i'd rather have a real sticky tire that wore out faster.

The Tires I Have:
Nexen N3000
215/45/17

AnthonyD has them on his summer rims as well.
I have em. 215/45R17.

like stated above. They look good, they last long. I find them to be quite decent in the rain (resist hydroplane).

most importantly, they are inexpensive. They allow me to spend more money on my race tires.

Unless u need the best performing street tire, go for them
my sister in law has them on her mazda 6... i took her car to my buddy who own a tire shop to get studded tires put on for her for the winter... she bought the tire at the end of last summer and they won't pass inspection next year. i thought the tread wore very very fast.... i'd rank them up there with any walmart or crappy tire job.... you get what you pay for.

$0.02 (in other words... almost worthless :D)

I've put 40K on mine, and they still have allot of life left...
she could drive like a nut too... guess i never asked.. :D
Given the low cost maybe even different batches have compounds that differ. Perhaps the same as our cars, made cheap by quality control, or lack of it .
Love em'

I've had 2 summers on them and they're still full of tread!

They break loose a bit in wet conditions, but it;s usually because I'm pushing it to see what they have.
My brother in law had them on his Mazda Protege 5 and he said they were night and day over the oem Dunlops.
MAlby7,Dec 14 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:My brother in law had them on his Mazda Protege 5 and he said they were night and day over the oem Dunlops.
[right][snapback]220326[/snapback][/right]

nexen tire the official tire of your in-laws....lol

i see a tv commerical in the making... :)
do you think my stock Pirelli p6's are better in the snow than the nexen n3000s?

cornflakes,Dec 14 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:do you think my stock Pirelli p6's are better in the snow than the nexen n3000s?
[right][snapback]220382[/snapback][/right]

I predict they will both suck.

You wouldn't catch me using my nexxens in the winter.
I do just fine in the snow with my Pirelli P6s... however they only have 1100KMs on them at the moment :)
ANTHONYD,Dec 15 2006, 08:46 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Dec 14 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:do you think my stock Pirelli p6's are better in the snow than the nexen n3000s?
[right][snapback]220382[/snapback][/right]

I predict they will both suck.

You wouldn't catch me using my nexxens in the winter.
[right][snapback]220447[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the reason why I asked is because my Pirelli P6s are pretty decent (i wouldn't say they suck) and the nexxens treads look like a summer racing tire so i thought they'd really suck in the winter compared to stock tires like pirelli's.