FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: This Just Flat-out Disgusts Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all knew this was going on in Iran this week, but a Canadian (albeit one with Iranian roots) attends the Holocaust deniers conference and then doesn't see anything wrong with it?

He's a doctor, he's a professor at a Maritimes university... and apparently he's a nutjob.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

He says he's open to hearing what will be said, but then expresses alarm at all of the "extremists" present? Pullllllease. :rolleyes: Talk about getting caught with your mouth full of canary.

He should be kicked out of that nice, cushy professor's chair when he returns to Canada. I don't care where you vacation, but to attend a conference where they deny the Holocaust ever took place? That's beyond reproach.

Quote:Dr. Dossa said that he had gladly accepted the invitation from Iran's Islamist government to attend the conference, and that he had welcomed the opportunity to criticize the Western world and its policies.

So why the f*** are you a Canadian?
Ive been to Auschwitz and I have many pictures.

[Image: PA120377.jpg]

The pictures with the explainations in the prison houses....., you have to have a strong stomach. Like Im a hardcore guy, but nothing hit me harder then that place....it is jaw dropping.

It wasnt just Jews that were killed either........
You're my hero for the day, D-Dub. Got any other pics you want to share?

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."
[Image: PA120376.jpg]
If youve seen Schindler's list you'll know what that is....

Actually the quote written in stone in one of the prison houses was "The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again"
I've seen Shindler's List before a long time ago, but I cant remember what that building was for. Somethings telling me it was a gas chamber, however I could be wrong.
I dont know how the guy disgusts you....he even says he wouldnt shake most of their hands. Also says most of them are loopie. Now if the guy was pulling the same s*** as the kkk leader, then I could see why your upset. I dont see anything wrong with what this prof did. its not like HE's the one denying it happened.
Flofocus,Dec 14 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:I dont know how the guy disgusts you....he even says he wouldnt shake most of their hands.  Also says most of them are loopie.  Now if the guy was pulling the same s*** as the kkk leader, then I could see why your upset.  I dont see anything wrong with what this prof did.  its not like HE's the one denying it happened.
[right][snapback]220188[/snapback][/right]

Then why the f*** was he there? He wants to sit there and chinwag with all the other Western-world haters... and then he wants to come back "home" and teach political science to impressionable young Canadians? Yeah, I want this double-speaking nutbar teaching Canadians to "hate" the West. Great idea.

He was there, he didn't declare his intentions prior to going with his university - hell, even as an "observation" mission I'd accept it.

But this is just f***ed up. He got caught whacking off in the pron aisle at the video store, and now says he was just looking for tasteful box art. Right.
Well..I think your reading into a little much...

Quote:"I have nothing to do with Holocaust denial, not at all," he said, defending the paper he read. "It's a paper about the war on terrorism, and how the Holocaust plays into it. Other people have their own points of view, but that [Holocaust denial] is not my point of view."

Quote:"I was invited because of my expertise as a scholar in the German-Jewish area, as well as my studies in the Holocaust,"

Quote:"My essential point is that the Jewish loss -- which is, of course, a reality, and anyone who denies it is a lunatic --

Quote:"I did not know exactly who was coming to the conference, and frankly, I think these people are hacks and lunatics," he said. "I frankly wouldn't even shake hands with most of them."

Again...I dont see why your so upset...I don't see him being like the rest that were invited there. Comparing this guy to the pres of iran and a KKK leader is pushing it.
Quote:Dr. Dossa said that he had gladly accepted the invitation from Iran's Islamist government to attend the conference, and that he had welcomed the opportunity to criticize the Western world and its policies.

:rolleyes:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 14 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]220201[/snapback][/right]

I have a lot to critisie the western world for to...were not perfect

Now ,are you lumping me with the KKK leader to?

Nope... I'm simply saying that if he attended the conference and did nothing... then what's the point of going? Something doesn't seem right, and at least his own university is distancing themselves from him.
is it the same dal prof that posted those anti islamic cartoons...

what was better was 10 years ago the high school teacher in moncton teaching that the holocaust never happened... wtf
It doesn't really matter if he says he doesn't believe what they were saying.

He went, and by his actions, legitimized the conference's intended purpose...

It doesn't sound like he went there to debunk the false pretences of a holocaust denier's conference..

And as they say.. if you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

I think the dude went for the free trip..........
D-Dub,Dec 14 2006, 07: Wrote:I think the dude went for the free trip..........
[right][snapback]220335[/snapback][/right]

for all we know, your right.
Flofocus,Dec 15 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Dec 14 2006, 07: Wrote:I think the dude went for the free trip..........
[right][snapback]220335[/snapback][/right]

for all we know, your right.
[right][snapback]220473[/snapback][/right]

I would..

tho, not to Iran.. or anywhere in the middle east.
Free food, free plane ticket and best of all nobodies gonna kidnap him cause the people that would are probably his security. If he went on his own accord he might be shot, kidnapped or car bombed........he just took the safest trip to Iran possible.

Picture this:
"dude arent you Canadian? come with me *gun held to temple*...wait a sec werent you at the hate the westerners confrence"

"yup"

"sorry about that *puts the gun away*, have a good day"

"Hey that looks like an American get em!!!!"
^^ Yeah, pretty much. I'd love to see what happens to his professorial post when he gets home, though.