FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Forza Motorsport 3 Now With Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked this up today and it is awesome.

So far I've played about an hour of this and it is sweet. Graphics are scary good in 1080p, physics are great. Of the Ford content inside, there is the Fiesta, RS200, Focus SVT, Focus ST, Focus RS, Boss 429 Mustang, GT, and lots more.

I haven't played much with upgrades but here's a pretty sweet aspect, in Forza 2 you could upgrade engines, however it would accompany a certain drivetrain. Now you can upgrade Engine type, induction type, and others independently. So next I'm going to buy an SVT and put it as AWD to give it a go...after I finish downloading the car and track pack...

So far... Awesome... :D
One of the few games i'm actually excited about.
That, the new GTA, and NHL 10.
Ok abandoned AWD for RWD. More fun and I can do donuts easier. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2009, 07:35 PM Wrote:One of the few games i'm actually excited about.
[right][snapback]296475[/snapback][/right]

New GTA, do tell is there any info on it?
Canadian ST,Oct 28 2009, 01:58 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2009, 07:35 PM Wrote:One of the few games i'm actually excited about.

[right][snapback]296498[/snapback][/right]

Probably talking about "The Ballad of Ghey Tony". I'm serious that's the name. Coincidence. :rolleyes:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 28 2009, 03:41 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Oct 28 2009, 01:58 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]296498[/snapback][/right]

Probably talking about "The Ballad of Ghey Tony". I'm serious that's the name. Coincidence. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]296505[/snapback][/right]

I thought that was just DLC? I'll check it out though.
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 27 2009, 06:20 PM Wrote:Graphics are scary good in 1080p, physics are great. 
[right][snapback]296472[/snapback][/right]

1080p is great, too bad it's only in photo mode.... still though, forza is THE new benchmark...

I'll be playing NFS: Shift until GT5 comes out -- hell, shift is a freakin' fun game.
darkpuppet,Oct 28 2009, 09:55 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 27 2009, 06:20 PM Wrote:Graphics are scary good in 1080p, physics are great. 
[right][snapback]296472[/snapback][/right]

1080p is great, too bad it's only in photo mode.... still though, forza is THE new benchmark...

I'll be playing NFS: Shift until GT5 comes out -- hell, shift is a freakin' fun game.
[right][snapback]296521[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I'm waiting for GT5 too.. Prologue wasn't enough :(
Prologue actually kinda sucks...

it's got pretty car graphics, and that's it. The sound is wrong, the physics are PSOne-era, the online BLOWS...

honestly, having played prologue, I have a hard time believing they can deliver on even half of what Forza does. Just playing the in-car views on GT5 and NSF: Shift .. it's just so much more rewarding to drive in NSF Shift..

If polyphony doesn't pull something huge out of it's ass before it's released (like it's head), GT5 will fall victim once to the Japanese Hubris that has destroyed all of the quality developers over there.
Here's some pics of my Focus RS. Me and a buddy were having fun drifting it yesterday and taking some shots.

[Image: Forza.jpg]

[Image: Forza2.jpg]

[Image: Forza3.jpg]

[Image: a.jpg]

So far, my only beefs with the game are as follows:

1. No engine tuning.
2. Lack of aftermarket body parts.
3. When in the cabin, the driver never shifts the car like a manual, his hands stay on the steering wheel always
4. In the drag races, there's no burnout box, no trying to hit the light. The race acts like all other circuit races. Timing is not necessary to the developers.
you know it's bad when you WANT to digitally rice your car.
ANTHONYD,Nov 2 2009, 10:58 AM Wrote:you know it's bad when you WANT to digitally rice your car.
[right][snapback]296670[/snapback][/right]

Not my fault. My bud did the drawing. I did the photos. :D