FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Winter Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
look who came 1st in Family/Affordable!!

http://news.en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/wdg/...umentid=1423436
Why oh why, ford realizes the advantage of AWD and adds it to the fusion, but why not the focus. Where is my rally bred wrx competing focus.
holy crap.. Ford made a top-something list.

hehe

that's nice to see.
Nice!

The main downside to that car (in my mind) is the complete absence of steering feel. I guess that's because of the AWD (sorta), but in the FWD cars it certainly feels more "alive".

Still, they're nice rides if you need a step down from the top-end Foci suspensions.
I seriously considered the '07 AWD Fusion but decide to get two toys for the price of one.
I bought a CAN-AM Outlander 800XT ATV and my new baby, the ST :)
My sister has an '06 Fusion SEL and she simply loves it.
An AWD NA Focus would be great too.
Gravter,Dec 12 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:I seriously considered the '07 AWD Fusion but decide to get two toys for the price of one.
I bought a CAN-AM Outlander 800XT ATV and my new baby, the ST :)
My sister has an '06 Fusion SEL and she simply loves it.
An AWD NA Focus would be great too.
[right][snapback]219822[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but it'd need a serious HP boost... A stock Duratec equipped Focus with AWD would get dangerously close to (if not over) 3,000lbs...

Hardly the zippy little rollerskate we all know and love....

NefCanuck
No mustangs in that list for performance cars in winter under $40K? :lol:

Kudos to the Fusion...almost bought one of those...
g35x...lesex :wub:
Flofocus,Dec 13 2006, 09:12 AM Wrote:g35x...lesex :wub:
[right][snapback]219947[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. The engine note STILL gives me goosebumps. But the sound of the Duratec is slowly dulling that.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 04:04 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 13 2006, 09:12 AM Wrote:g35x...lesex :wub:

Agreed. The engine note STILL gives me goosebumps. But the sound of the Duratec is slowly dulling that.
[right][snapback]220037[/snapback][/right]

slap yourself. now. please.

even the sweet sound of a trubo spoolin and a borla lettin it out doesnt compare to that exhaust note.
I just love the sound of a 4-cyl that isn't the SPI?

Actually, make that "that isn't the horrid-sounding monstrosity of the 2.3L in the Fusion".

There can be more than one good exhaust note, ya know :)
Flofocus,Dec 13 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:g35x...lesex :wub:

too bad it comes in old-man sedan configuration only. If they put it in a g35 coupe, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on candy.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 13 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:There can be more than one good exhaust note, ya know :)
[right][snapback]220058[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but a duratec shouldnt be ever compared to the g35.
darkpuppet,Dec 13 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 13 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:g35x...lesex :wub:

too bad it comes in sleeeeper sedan configuration only.
[right][snapback]220059[/snapback][/right]

fixed :P
Not sure if this one was awd. I saw this just after it happened near my parents place. :lol:

Upside Down Fusion
The 24V 4.6L in the Mustang Sounds Bad ass....a lot more "Sinister" than the Infinity or 350Z...oh yeah, and that sound comes in almost 15K cheaper too...

Don't believe me? Go and listen to the soundclips on the Magnaflow website of the 3" Magnapack cat-back system...

Or an SLP Loudmouth exhaust system...won't even hear the Nissan over that thing!
The G35 is ripping silk... the Mustang is about flailing eardrums. They're both great for greatly different reasons.

I still love a great-sounding 4-cylinder though... it's one of my many oddities.

The Duratec tops the Zetec and the SPI for noise (stock vs. stock, anyways) in my books.
CanadaSVT,Dec 13 2006, 06:52 PM Wrote:Not sure if this one was awd.  I saw this just after it happened near my parents place. :lol:
[right][snapback]220099[/snapback][/right]

Quote:NEED A HAND? THANKS: This 22-year-old Mississauga man walked away without injuries, but one heck of a story to tell after his 2006 Ford Fusion was unknowingly cut off by another driver around 1:30 p.m. Friday at Speers Road near Morden Road. In an effort to correct being cut off, the driver turned his vehicle and the sheer force of it hitting a nearby curb sent the car into a light standard, which came down. The car flipped onto its roof, according to police. Investigating officer Halton Regional Police Constable Gina Mehlhorn said the other driver was unaware the vehicle had been cut off. Police laid no charges in the accident.

Yep, sure. "Cut off". I've hit a curb at 60kmh avoiding being cut off.

No way that guy flipped his car doing the posted 60kmh there.