FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Has Been Your Favorite Mod...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my self... considring the only things done so far is a tip, tint the windos and so wicked kick ass ford floor mats.... hmmm tough call....
On the old car? The S2 Focus suspension upgrade for sure. It's the only car in Canada "technically" with that config, although the Street Editions were basically the same animal. Combine that with the Eibach front anti-sway and it really did well on twisty roads.

On the new car? No idea. But immediately the MBRP comes to mind. It'll be less of a power gain than the new intake will be, but damn I love the sound. :) I can't wait to hear how the new engine sounds with it in place.
My favorite mod has to be the supercharger, next to that would be the coilovers. Those two components made the car feel so much better :)
supercharger.

of course the SHM suspension is second on the list...
full exhaust
it gives some kind of power to these cars....with out it all smaller mods are just lil toys
:D

TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then my electronic boost controller

Then my B&M Short Shifter, no s***!
With out a doubt the combination of the MBRP exhaust and the K & N Typhon.
I love the sound. It no longer sounds like a sewing machine. And there is a power increase.
Next is kind of surprising considering the cost was almost nothing. I added a brushed aluminum dash bezel to match the radio/climate face plate. I picked it up off of E-Bay and it was a simple install. It really makes the dash look better.
Fader
:lol: I cut the stock pipe back a bit and had a mbrp style tip added on about a year ago, that makes all the aesthetic difference in the world, not having that huge pea shooter come out the arse. :lol: That and the shorty antenna are two easy mods that make the stock look even better. Maybe once I can get some mods done, I can agree with everyone else here... :unsure:
In terms of performance, the MBRP of course.

In terms of appearance I would have to say I like the dash kit that I had installed, it makes the car interior not look like it's acres upon acres of plastic :D

NefCanuck
euro_zx5,Dec 11 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote::lol: I cut the stock pipe back a bit and had a mbrp style tip added on about a year ago, that makes all the aesthetic difference in the world, not having that huge pea shooter come out the arse. :lol: That and the shorty antenna are two easy mods that make the stock look even better. Maybe once I can get some mods done, I can agree with everyone else here... :unsure:
[right][snapback]219546[/snapback][/right]

you know.. you keep the pea-shooter and install a supercharger, and I'll guarantee you'll have the last laugh...
When I installed my Focus Central 4-2-1 Header that made all the difference in the world. I absolutly love it. Next to that would be the Gen 1 MBRP Exhaust I picked up from Hardkore. I love the deep tone my car makes, I get quite a few compliments when I drive it. Just gets loud when you "jump on it". Ask Sundown, i'm the reason he sold his MBRP lol.

~ Matt
my fc stickers.
Dropped suspension and my exhaust. For creature comforts though I have to say my stereo takes the cake, I wub it :D
i don't think i can narrow it down.....

i'd have to say my wing! it really finished off my the appearance of my car

SL8RZZX3,Dec 11 2006, 01:37 PM Wrote:i don't think i can narrow it down.....

i'd have to say my wing! it really finished off my the appearance of my car
[right][snapback]219606[/snapback][/right]

i love ur mirrors...what a nice touch
darkpuppet,Dec 11 2006, 10:30 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Dec 11 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote::lol: I cut the stock pipe back a bit and had a mbrp style tip added on about a year ago, that makes all the aesthetic difference in the world, not having that huge pea shooter come out the arse. :lol: That and the shorty antenna are two easy mods that make the stock look even better. Maybe once I can get some mods done, I can agree with everyone else here... :unsure:
[right][snapback]219546[/snapback][/right]

you know.. you keep the pea-shooter and install a supercharger, and I'll guarantee you'll have the last laugh...
[right][snapback]219554[/snapback][/right]

No argument there... when I can afford any mod worthwhile, it'll be installed. :)
I'd have to say it would be the SCT Xcal2, best mod that you can get for the Focus, especially on the SVTF. Its smoothed the choppiness from the idle and i can adjust a bunch of other things.
that would have to be my "new car scent" airfreshener..
after 5 years of owning the car, my car still "smells" as nice as it did when I drove it off the lot.

j/k I think the HID mod was probaly the best investment I've done to this car.
i wasnt too crazy about the exhaust but did it anyway because it complemented my svt rear bumper.
getting rid of a 96 regal for a 2000 focus
FocusGuy7476,Dec 11 2006, 02:15 PM Wrote:I'd have to say it would be the SCT Xcal2, best mod that you can get for the Focus, especially on the SVTF. Its smoothed the choppiness from the idle and i can adjust a bunch of other things.
[right][snapback]219622[/snapback][/right]

x2, except I cheaped out and went with the Xcal1
Pages: 1 2