FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drivers Side Headlight Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently noticed my drivers side headlight is dead so I replaced the bulb and still nothing. Is there a common problem with the SVTF I should speak to the dealer about so i do not seem silly? Its going in for the horn as well and a possible leak in the front left of the car, also have no idea what that is. Time for the extended warrenty.
Thanks
David
ive replaced my horn 3 times ive only had it for 15 thousand k.
the service record states its been replaced 2 other times before i owned

the leak is prob a t-stat housing mine was replaced 2

thank god for esp
^^^ my horn went off last week thats at 186k
is it somethin that i can replace myself?
if u only have 1 horn i believe there is a tsb on the position of it to prevent water n such from getting in it again
did you check the fuses????
Usually when the horn goes out it's one of two things, a fuse or one of the wires came loose or became disconnected.

it's a cheap do it your self fix as the horn it right under the headlight more or less on the drivers side.
With the warrenty Ford has the honour of fixing it. The horn issues is common on the SVT. The headlight is something in the electrical sytem on the ground side??? I have to go pick it up tonight we will have to see what they have to say!
}David
Got the car back, turns out the headlight switch was bad. Odd since only one headlight was out? Horn fixed as well, turns out a friends car was the one leaking. But the worst part if I did not have warrenty the cost would have been $1400. 7 Hours to diagnose the switch. Yikes. That extended warrenty will come in handy when it take effect next year.

Thanks
David