FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A/c Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey any one know why when I put my heat controlls to full front window the AC light comes on. Nothing I do seems to stop it
If you put the defroster on, most NA cars(especially Ford) turn on the Ac compressor. That's why the light comes on.
If you don't need to use the defog for heat, then turn on the floor only vents and it will end your issue.
It does not end the issue. I know this isnt normal because my 02 never did it.
If you put the heater control to floor only then depress the AC button (if it is on) it will shut off.
If it doesn't then you have something I have never seen or heard of in any car.
And that makes me not that helpful. But go and try it again. I find it hard to believe.

You asked " I put my heat controlls to full front window" well that to me means the defrost. If you take it off defrost with heat then the Ac will go away if you depress the button. Or atleast it should.

And if it helps, there is no way to get around having the defroster on high heat and not having the AC kick in. Unless you unplug the compressor in the winter.
Weird. I wonder why the 02 never did it.

I just dont like that the compressor turns on. One more thing to wear out faster and break
Mason,Dec 10 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:Weird. I wonder why the 02 never did it.

I just dont like that the compressor turns on. One more thing to wear out faster and break
[right][snapback]219445[/snapback][/right]
Unplug the compresor then, it's quite easy. And your gas mileage will go up considerably and it won't hurt anything.
We used to do it every winter when I drove cab.
Where is the power feed for it in the focus. I could just pull the fuse for the A/C I suppose aswell eh
I think that on the 02 and later focus the compressor still comes on, just the little light doesn't. So you were just blissfully unaware that this was happening. I remember someone the jet trying having this same issue not too long ago.
Thats a little bit of a piss off.
There is way less moisture when defrosting a car with the ac on , it's sucking moisture right away and a lot more efficient... Good thing some car makers thought about it.
mpcv2000,Dec 10 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:There is way less moisture when defrosting a car with the ac on , it's sucking moisture right away and a lot more efficient... Good thing some car makers thought about it.
[right][snapback]219458[/snapback][/right]
There are two reasons that the AC compressor kicks in --

Mainly to dry the air, and secondly to keep the AC clutch from seizing up over the winter.

If it pisses you off, put some tape over the light.
mpcv2000,Dec 10 2006, 08:29 PM Wrote:There is way less moisture when defrosting a car with the ac on , it's sucking moisture right away and a lot more efficient... Good thing some car makers thought about it.

Actually if ford wanted too they could have given us the " Quick Clear Windshield " Feature on the European Focus 2.0 Zetec and Ghia do, as it's more or less a rear de-fogger in the windshield like all the new Jaguars have, and it's clear to the eye, untill you hit it in a certen light from the sun.

I have the button for it, but for me to hook it up it would involve importing a windshield from Europe.
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:
mpcv2000,Dec 10 2006, 08:29 PM Wrote:There is way less moisture when defrosting a car with the ac on , it's sucking moisture right away and a lot more efficient... Good thing some car makers thought about it.

Actually if ford wanted too they could have given us the " Quick Clear Windshield " Feature on the European Focus 2.0 Zetec and Ghia do, as it's more or less a rear de-fogger in the windshield like all the new Jaguars have, and it's clear to the eye, untill you hit it in a certen light from the sun.

I have the button for it, but for me to hook it up it would involve importing a windshield from Europe.
[right][snapback]219461[/snapback][/right]

Isn't that a special type of glass too? That's what I thought at least...
I can only imagine the cost of importing a front windshield from europe. Thats gotta be huge bucks.
habmann,Dec 10 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:I can only imagine the cost of importing a front windshield from europe. Thats gotta be huge bucks.
[right][snapback]219496[/snapback][/right]

Plus not to mention insuring it too, after all, its glass and it can be very fragile.
Im sure you could have the glass made here.
It doesn't do it anymore on the 2007s. Just an FYI.
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:Actually if ford wanted too they could have given us the " Quick Clear Windshield " Feature on the European Focus 2.0 Zetec and Ghia do, as it's more or less a rear de-fogger in the windshield like all the new Jaguars have, and it's clear to the eye, untill you hit it in a certen light from the sun.

Yeah but would it cause the same hassle that the NA "quick clear" windshields did when they were offered on several Ford/Lincoln models here? :huh: Specifically, there were problems reported with things like the 407 transponders being unable to pass a signal through the metallized windshield...

NefCanuck
interesting that the light comes on. I would rather it come on then wonder why the car always ran differently with the defogger on.
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:Actually if ford wanted too they could have given us the " Quick Clear Windshield " Feature on the European Focus 2.0 Zetec and Ghia do, as it's more or less a rear de-fogger in the windshield like all the new Jaguars have, and it's clear to the eye, untill you hit it in a certen light from the sun.

Yeah but would it cause the same hassle that the NA "quick clear" windshields did when they were offered on several Ford/Lincoln models here? :huh: Specifically, there were problems reported with things like the 407 transponders being unable to pass a signal through the metallized windshield...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]219555[/snapback][/right]

LOL I don't use the 407, not to mention I'd never get a transponder to use it, so I don't thing it would be a problem for me lol....
Pages: 1 2