FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Full Size Spare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all...I want to keep a full size spare in the trunk, but I dont know what will fit. My car is in the shop right now getting the skirts put on, and to gain access I need to remove my sub box and amp etc...Just wondering what people have for a spare before I sell all 4 of my stock alloys. Thanks
I've never tried, man. I'm not entirely certain one will fit.

I'm sure someone else has tried this before. :) We'll just have to wait and see.
let the waiting begin... :)
Well the jack and the donut spare fit pretty much flush with the floor of the hatch area (actually the cardboard/carpet floor sits on the spare), so putting a full sized spare would mean you'd probably need to make a custom floor, or leave the floor out. That is, if it would fit in the hole. Also you'd probably have to find another way to secure it, since that threaded rod would be too short to run through a full sized wheel.
Full size spare will not fit without changing the floor.
Cool, thanks guys. Maybe I'll just cut out the carpet to fit with the outside diameter of the wheel. Any thoughts? might look pretty sharp.
a full size will sit fine. Only problem is the wheel is too wide and will not let the carpet sit flush.
residentdud,Dec 10 2006, 10:49 PM Wrote:Cool, thanks guys.  Maybe I'll  just cut out the carpet to fit with the outside diameter of the wheel. Any thoughts? might look pretty sharp.
[right][snapback]219478[/snapback][/right]

why do you want to put the full size in? just curious...
SliverSteeda,Dec 11 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:
residentdud,Dec 10 2006, 10:49 PM Wrote:Cool, thanks guys.  Maybe I'll  just cut out the carpet to fit with the outside diameter of the wheel. Any thoughts? might look pretty sharp.
[right][snapback]219478[/snapback][/right]

why do you want to put the full size in? just curious...
[right][snapback]219516[/snapback][/right]

Well...I was going to put winter rubber on these rims, but got one hell of a deal on steelies with rubber, so now there's no point holding on to these. They're the 6 spoke 16's off the ZTS. I might just try and get rid of all four but we'll see.

Anyone need rims? :)
Actually I do know someone who is looking for rims, but I'm not sure if they want 16's. How much are you looking for them? Do they have any rubber on them or no? And they are in Georgetown aswell.

DRyanC
I saw a focus with a really nice flush mounted full-size spare int he hatch.

Looked really nice.

The rims were beauties!
These aren't beauties...they're stock, so....

If I cant get one to fit in the trunk they're for sale, different thread. Worst case scenerio...3 for sale, LOL. Might be good for someone with a damaged rim, mind you these aren't exactly mint ('02), and the rubber is garb. IMO