FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For Those With Euro Grills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i installed the front upper euro grill but im runnin stock head lights

now the quastion is when i eliminate front grill turn signal lights i also took the upper harness off as well where the lights plug in just to save some room....

now what it causes is that whenever i put my turn signals on it blinks really fast (obviosly)
and whenever i put my light on at night time it turns both of my turn signal cells on on my desh

any advice of how i can get rid off these 2 problems?

thanks
So you don't have any front turn signals?

The turn signal relay thinks at least one bulb is burnt, hence the fast flashing.

The turn signal indicators on at night when the headlights come on must be because of the way "all" the lights on the exterior turn on in "running" mode when your headlights are on.

How to fix the problems? Install Euro headlights and reconnect the turn signal harnesses or re-install the NA grille.

Also, it almost goes without saying that driving without front turn signals is quite dangerous. <_<
I`ve also seen a guy cut off the actual lights from his NA grille and mount them in behind his new Euro grille. I didnt even notice at first, but at least he had them.
the euro lights are to expensive so im not gonna go that route.....at least yet.....

i guess it is a lil dangerous
dont cut your euro grille....cut off the lights from your NA grille. mount BEHIND the euro
residentdud,Dec 10 2006, 01:20 PM Wrote:dont cut your euro grille....cut off the lights from your NA grille. mount BEHIND the euro
[right][snapback]219413[/snapback][/right]

I've seen a couple of guys do that, and that would fix your problem immediately. I'd suggest getting a second upper stock grille and using that in case you want to revert.
I just so happen to have one :rolleyes:
you have no signals in front? Wow most cars when you burn out a light the signals will blink faster so the operator knows there is a burnt out light how to fix you problem?hook your signals back up your euro grill may look nice but you need signal lights if you were in an accident you would be at fault
Yeah it's pretty inconsiderate to drive around with no front signals.. not to mention illegal.

I've seen people put the signal lense of the stock grill behind the euro grill and you can't tell it's there unless you're signalling. Or you could get any sort of orange lense (like trailer lights, etc) and rig it up behind the grill.. they're fairly cheap and you can find them in different sizes and shapes.

There is a how-to for cutting your stock grill apart and mounting it behind the euro grill here: http://www.jwardell.com/focus/grills.html
I'd recommend AGAINST no front turn signals UNTILL YOU can afford either euro/st170 replacement lights, OR untill you can come up with a creative solutiun like installing a 98-01 euro bumper and euro turn signals, OR mounting motorcycle blinkers behind the grille.

Your just asking for trouble with NO front Signals.. even I dont find that smart.
Another rediculous post Nik.

Put the front signals back on and either sell the Euro grill or get the Euro lights.

No half assing projects. that's just rice
You're just asking for trouble driving around without turn signals.

Do it right or don't do it at all.
habmann,Dec 10 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:You're just asking for trouble driving around without turn signals.

Do it right or don't do it at all.
[right][snapback]219450[/snapback][/right]

lol how did i know that u were gonna post right after Meford :D

anyways i think im gonna go with cuttin my stock turn signals out and puttin them behind the grill....seems ferely simple

what about useless post? not so useless i asked for usefulle solution and i got it
guilty,Dec 10 2006, 04:41 PM Wrote:Yeah it's pretty inconsiderate to drive around with no front signals.. not to mention illegal.

I've seen people put the signal lense of the stock grill behind the euro grill and you can't tell it's there unless you're signalling.  Or you could get any sort of orange lense (like trailer lights, etc) and rig it up behind the grill.. they're fairly cheap and you can find them in different sizes and shapes.

There is a how-to for cutting your stock grill apart and mounting it behind the euro grill here: http://www.jwardell.com/focus/grills.html
[right][snapback]219431[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the link
im gonna go with it
You just should have asked me about it before you did it in the first place Nick. :blink:

I would have told you out right don't buy the Upper grille till you know what style of front your going with. I bought my upper grille first but never did the install till the night I was installing the ST170s, month and I repeat many months later.

One Suggestion is getting smaller LED light and hookinh up a relay to them so it stops the high flash, and it's more hidden then the cutting of your stock grille.
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 08:06 PM Wrote:You just should have asked me about it before you did it in the first place Nick. :blink:

I would have told you out right don't buy the Upper grille till you know what style of front your going with. I bought my upper grille first but never did the install till the night I was installing the ST170s, month and I repeat many months later.

One Suggestion is getting smaller LED light and hookinh up a relay to them so it stops the high flash, and it's more hidden then the cutting of your stock grille.
[right][snapback]219465[/snapback][/right]

thats y left u a messege on ur answering machine

thanks for gettin back at me :(
NikiterZTS,Dec 10 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 08:06 PM Wrote:You just should have asked me about it before you did it in the first place Nick. :blink:

[right][snapback]219465[/snapback][/right]

thats y left u a messege on ur answering machine

thanks for gettin back at me :(
[right][snapback]219467[/snapback][/right]

LMAO! :lol:

I don't have your number :lol:

Unless you want me to call you via Charlotte ? :lol:

EDIT: Plus I just got home from work not that long ago, and Richard deleted the message saying nick called...

yep.....that messege had my number on it
just go to crappy tire, buy triangluar turn signal lamps ($4 each) and find a way to mount them until you buy new headlights, thats how i did it
PerfectSaiyan,Dec 10 2006, 08:27 PM Wrote:just go to crappy tire, buy triangluar turn signal lamps ($4 each) and find a way to mount them until you buy new headlights, thats how i did it
[right][snapback]219472[/snapback][/right]

did u have to zip tie yours as well?
Pages: 1 2