FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Wants To Be My "eibach Buddy?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you’re thinking about getting an Eibach Pro-kit for your pre-’06 Focus, please read this post before you do.

Okay – it’s taken me a couple of days to figure this out and it’s a little complicated so I’ll try to be organized here …

As most of you know, Ford changed the front suspension of the Focus beginning early in the 2006 model year; and so early springs and dampers won’t fit the ’06 / 7.

And as most of you undoubtedly know the rear springs and dampers of the wagon are substantially different than the 3/4/5 door models.

The combined result of these two facts is that the aftermarket hasn’t yet caught up in terms of suspension kits for the ’06 / 7 wagon – even though they have the same rear suspension as prior year wagons.

BOTTOM LINE: the springs exist, but nobody’s putting them in a kit; and Eibach will only sell individual springs for “warranty or collision replacement;” and while I could go that route “with a wink and a nudge” they are expensive individually.

BUT ---- I can make my own pro-kit for my ’07 wagon.

To do that, I have to purchase a pro-kit for a pre’06 wagon (#3591.140) … PLUS … a pro-kit for an ’07 non-wagon (#35108.140) … taking the rear springs from the first kit and the front springs from the second.

If I do that, obviously I’ll have four springs left over and I do believe they would collectively become an Eibach 3588.140 … which fits any 3,4, or 5 door from 2000 to 2005.

So the question is … does anyone want to be my “Eibach buddy” and take the four remaining springs. I’m interested in doing this sooner than later - January latest.

I’ll make it worth your while by giving you an “all-in” tax included price that you couldn’t match if you were to buy and land it yourself – and with local delivery in GTA included.

The price will be exchange sensitive so I’d like to judge interest first before setting a firm price … but let’s say that if we were to do this today, the number would be about $290 Canadian including local delivery or plus shipping if required.

That compares rather nicely I think to importing it yourself which at Eibach’s list price could be as much as $470 CAD all factors considered – and using the best price I can find on the internet the landed cost could be $360 CAD ---- so you’re looking at saving somewhere between $70 and $180.

So … whaddya think?
I'm planning on picking up the Pro-System with springs and shocks for my 2002 ZX3, but not until the spring, and I'm in SK so the shipping would probably kill any of the savings..

I got quoted around $700 for the pro-system at a local speed shop.. I'd definitely get the struts/shocks too, saves doing the same job over again when the stock parts go.
Yeah... I think I'm screwed for new suspension bits too, Ken.

I'll wait till the summer to see if it really matters to me.
How much of a drop would those springs result in on the '05 sedan? (and would the stock shocks survive the drop? :huh: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:How much of a drop would those springs result in on the '05 sedan? (and would the stock shocks survive the drop? :huh: )
[right][snapback]219602[/snapback][/right]
According to Eibach's website, the drop is 1.4"F / 1.5"R ... I have no personal experience with respect to the stock shocks, but based on what I've read it seems likely that the ride and handling would be good, but the service life of the shock would be shortened.