FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fvck I Hate The Ps3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive now owned 2 and place them both on ebay... both sold one to a guy in Canada (making me $300 profit) and the second to a guy in Conneticut making me $200. Well the first chump never paid and I dont care but now Im locked in a non-payment dispute. The second guy paid within 30sec via paypal but purolator transfered the sipment to DHL (the biggest f***ups in the shipping universe) and they lost the package.. Goood thing I insured it to more than waaaay more than the guy paid... But its sucks I know it went into the US clearly marked as a PS3 for customs purposes which pretty much sealed its fate.. as soon as some part time chump saw PS3 listed on the Bill of LAding they snagged it and inserted a wrong tracking number... Needless to say my buyer isnt happy but is very understanding... He will get all his cash & more back. But f*** I hate international shipping. :angry:

ps. Im not one of those chumps trying to make a profit off of ps3's I just happened to be in the right place at the right time (one week after launch) so I bought 2 and listed them for the price I paid... and let free market economics dictate the rest
lordkingod,Dec 8 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:ps. Im not one of those chumps trying to make a profit  off of ps3's [right][snapback]219311[/snapback][/right]

Could have fooled me. :lol:

Sucks that they jacked the ps3 though. I hate shipping anything. I've had many things damaged or lost in the mail, and it seems all happened under suspiscious circumstances.
dabigmandan,Dec 8 2006, 11:20 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Dec 8 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:ps. Im not one of those chumps trying to make a profit  off of ps3's [right][snapback]219311[/snapback][/right]

Could have fooled me. :lol:

Sucks that they jacked the ps3 though. I hate shipping anything. I've had many [right][snapback]219313[/snapback][/right]

Yeah there was supposed to be a sarcastic smiley after that but oh well....

hehehehehe....

anyways, as most here will attest im not a sony fan (more specifically a sony console fan) so when the opportunity arose for me to buy a couple 1 week after launch i bought them without any intent to keep them ( I mean they litteraly fell on my steel toe boots while at work, no joke, no bulls***, the store I was inspecting just happened to get 2 in) .... but I would love a Bravia, thems is the hottness in person
I don't blame you. If you have the oppotunity to take advantage of die-hard sony fans, by all means, go for it. It still amazes me how much they truly believe that anything sony makes is gold. I'll take my 360 and Wii over the ps3 anyday.
dabigmandan,Dec 8 2006, 10:55 PM Wrote:I don't blame you. If you have the oppotunity to take advantage of die-hard sony fans, by all means, go for it. It still amazes me how much they truly believe that anything sony makes is gold. I'll take my 360 and Wii over the ps3 anyday.
[right][snapback]219315[/snapback][/right]

x2 But I have yet to get a 360, it's next on my list though.

And good luck getting all that resolved... did you sell them on eBay? I've been trying to get into eBay selling the last couple weeks, and I don't yet know if it's worth shipping or not, and with hearing complications like this, it's rather discouraging.
lordkingod,Dec 8 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:ps. Im not one of those chumps trying to make a profit  off of ps3's I just happened to be in the right place at the right time (one week after launch) so I bought 2 and listed them for the price I paid... and let free market economics dictate the rest
[right][snapback]219311[/snapback][/right]
Sorry to hear about your problems, but that's what happens when you dabble in free market economics.

:lol:
Don't be discouraged with eBay. It's a pretty solid program. Especially with the backup of PayPal.
It's a PITA sometimes when you get a seller/buyer that is just a fraud.
I've recently dealt with a nimrod that thought they could just post some for sale ads and run with the $$$. Wrong.
Within 48 hours of me filing a dispute for not getting what I paid for after 10 days of nothing from the seller, I was refunded my $$$.
This is my third go around with selling on eBay, and everytime it has been successful.
Jump in and try to make a buck.
I used to work for DHL. Good money, but employees change every week. I'm not really suprised. Although, I've heard stories about every other shipping company too so...

Pain in the butt all that happening to you though, I hope it all gets resolved quickly.
damn, hope things get resolved quickly,,, Funny thing is someone was sellin a ps3 near here and said in his item descrpton that it is likely to be stolen during shipping.... i thought t was kinda funny but it was true...
I've never had good luck on ebay... and constantly going through the dispute resolution process is not my idea of success. Happened with my PS2 when I sold it for $3,000, and every sale thereafter... I truly believe ebay sucks.

I'm so trying not to buy an xbox360. I really hate the controller, and I'm not a big online play guy (yet)..

So I guess I'm a sony fanboy. .. it's just something I"ve grown comfortable with, and so long as it has compelling games coming out, I'll buy it eventually. It's a very trick piece of hardware too, so that really appeals to my geek inner self.

I can't help it... I wish I could want the other consoles as much as I want a PS3, but I don't. It's like trying to make me attracted to an ugly chick... sure the personality is nice enough, but I just don't want to take her home.
If the 360 is the ugly chick, the ps3 has got the be the fat chick. :lol:
dabigmandan,Dec 9 2006, 01:22 PM Wrote:If the 360 is the ugly chick, the ps3 has got the be the fat chick. :lol:
[right][snapback]219361[/snapback][/right]

but it's a smokin' hot fat chick...
love ebay, have had a couple issues, one on a fork for my bike... was a awesome deal... the moron kept skrewing up the address and getting it returned at the border.

I ordered it 1 month before a "8 hour endurance race".... it never showed up, have to rave with the giant fork off my Downhill bike... doesn't sound like a big deal but the dh fork ways about 5 lbs more and raise the sitting angle of the bike. it makes a big difference over 50+km... but i did get my money back.

as for the ps3 or the xbox360.... life is in way better resolution...

also a guy at my work has both...spent close to $2500 in games and consoles and misc add'ons... then wonders how i can afford all this stuff for my car and he can't....hmmmm.

Good news... Purolator tracked down the package and got it to the guy... Turns out DHL apparently gave Purolator the wrong tracking number, delivered it to Apt 17 as opposed to 217 as listed on the package, and they let a guy named P. Prebble sign for it when it was adressed to Sean Rogers Hmmmmmm makes you wonder about the compentency of some people.
Glad to hear things were sorted out.
Can I buy the other PS3 that the guy flaked on? PM me.