FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Motorola Razr V3c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has this phone? And how to you but mp3's on it? It's from Telus.
You need a software program called motorola phone tools (MPT) and the mini usb cable it comes with. OR you can transfer them from another phone or computer onto your handset with bluetooth connection. Note: Bellus (Bell and Telus) love to disable features on the phone such as custom ringtone and bluetooth obex push transfer. So its entirely possible your phone will not accept the mp3s when you try to transfer them. The one way arround is by "Hacking" the phone and there is pleanty of websites with instructions on how to hack the V3C and other Motorola CDMA phones to enable features that the providers wanted you NOT to have. One word of Caution, you are voiding the phones warranty by hacking it and can screw it up royally if you dont know what you are doing. Leave it to the experts like myself. I will offer to do it for you.
So they're selling you a phone that plays MP3s and then they remove your capacity to add MP3s to the phone. That's retarded. I'd be telling them to stick their phone up their ass and going elsewhere.

If I can't take a goddamn USB cable, connect it to my laptop/desktop and upload/download MP3s via a simple Windows file transfer... it's propreitary bulls*** and they can kiss my ass.

Note - I actually don't have a MP3 phone, bceause if I was looking for one I'd be banned from most mobile stores by now. :ph34r:
i have a RAZR phone
had it for a year now
and to be honest im not too happy with it
in the first month of having it i got all this dust under my screen who knows how...now ones in a while it started to turn itself off for no reason

camera quality sucks even for a phone
paolo can i send it out to you so you can fix it and maybe unlock what you can?
i remember u were sayin somethin at the meet :)
They want you to be able to put mp3's on it, but you are "forced" to download them from Tellus and Bell's mobile internet sites thus, THEY make money off you and charge you what ever price they set it as.
Rogers and fido have known to do this too, only to their sony ericsson phones.
NikiterZTS,Dec 8 2006, 10:37 AM Wrote:i have a RAZR phone
had it for a year now
and to be honest im not too happy with it
in the first month of having it i got all this dust under my screen who knows how...now ones in a while it started to turn itself off for no reason

camera quality sucks even for a phone
paolo can i send it out to you so you can fix it and maybe unlock what you can?
i remember u were sayin somethin at the meet :)
[right][snapback]219150[/snapback][/right]

Sure, bring it here, I'll fix it up for you under warranty
paolo,Dec 8 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:They want you to be able to put mp3's on it, but you are "forced" to download them from Tellus and Bell's mobile internet sites thus, THEY make money off you and charge you what ever price they set it as.
[right][snapback]219151[/snapback][/right]

What they don't make enough with charging you for the phone, locking you into a contract, getting you into "packages" and then charging you for overages?

Pfft. This is why I abhor mobile phones these days. It's easily one of the most exploitable industries out there. People are getting soaked each and every day, it's sad. I really feel for someone who thinks they "need" a mobile phone.
I had to double check as I dont have a mp3 phoen threw Bell...just the crackberry...

Paolo likes making Bell look bad. just confirmed with two guys in my office...no hacking...no paying..they download music right to their phone with a USB cable.

Yes, telus makes you pay. Its right on their site.

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 09:49 AM Wrote:
paolo,Dec 8 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:They want you to be able to put mp3's on it, but you are "forced" to download them from Tellus and Bell's mobile internet sites thus, THEY make money off you and charge you what ever price they set it as.
[right][snapback]219151[/snapback][/right]

What they don't make enough with charging you for the phone, locking you into a contract, getting you into "packages" and then charging you for overages?

Pfft. This is why I abhor mobile phones these days. It's easily one of the most exploitable industries out there. People are getting soaked each and every day, it's sad. I really feel for someone who thinks they "need" a mobile phone.
[right][snapback]219156[/snapback][/right]
OMG

Someone call CNN

We actually agree on this subject.

Must be the new car bringing you around to the kool side and away from the King side. :lol:
I bought a Samsung a920 through bell and the problem I have is that I cant set the mp3s as ring tones. I f***in hate bell for locking out that feature and I also hated the fact that when I bought the phone the lady told me it would do it..........and its not just my bell cell that does it, its all of them.

Oh and another thing is I read up that you can make ringtones and send them to yourself, so I did ............250 bucks later. Who knew that 8 megs costs that much.
meford4u,Dec 8 2006, 11:01 AM Wrote:OMG

Someone call CNN
[right][snapback]219161[/snapback][/right]

www.cnn.cn?
How did you know? I was going to refer people there too..