FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Looking To Bring Euro Models To Na
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/industr...odels-to-the-us

I'll stay loyal to ford if they make such a move.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 7 2006, 12:56 AM Wrote:I'll stay loyal to ford if they make such a move.
[right][snapback]218955[/snapback][/right]
Loyalty is one thing. Would you actually buy one, if a Focus cost $32G?

That is the question.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 7 2006, 08:26 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Dec 7 2006, 12:56 AM Wrote:I'll stay loyal to ford if they make such a move.

That is the question.
[right][snapback]218962[/snapback][/right]

If it has AWD, 200+hp, I *may* reconsider a focus in the 32g range...good thing about ford is hwo quickly they lose money...Pick em up used for cheap. B)
$32g for a focus..... LOL

I dunno, those kind of funds could go into something alot better. It would be nice to see them bring it over but at those prices, sales will be in the s***ter for sure.
I went through the Ford UK website yesterday... you have to go quite far up the list to get as many options as I have on the ZX5 SES.

It also seemed their engines weren't that much more powerful than ours are.

I dunno... the ST aside (and the obvious mechanical differences due to the different platform), we aren't missing THAT much.

As for the ST... I'd consider one in a heartbeat if it was AWD. Otherwise, I'd be quite content to stay exactly where I am in "slow land". :)

It sure doesn't feel that slow.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 7 2006, 10:27 AM Wrote:It sure doesn't feel that slow.
[right][snapback]218980[/snapback][/right]

Drive a boosted one. :P Joke

I drove the ST that we have here in sedan form....auto to <_< and it did have some guts...good for everyday driving for sure.

I'm just used to florring it in 5th now, pass 4 cars, get back in my lane like nothing happened...I want to be able to do that in my next car also.
Flofocus,Dec 7 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:

That is the question.

If it has AWD, 200+hp, I *may* reconsider a focus in the 32g range...good thing about ford is hwo quickly they lose money...Pick em up used for cheap. B)
[right][snapback]218976[/snapback][/right]

so how come you're not driving a volvo?
I dont like the styling....and well...you'll never drive a car that you think is ugly. :lol:

Maybe with the C30 coming...we'll have to see.
Flofocus,Dec 7 2006, 09:52 AM Wrote:I dont like the styling....and well...you'll never drive a car that you think is ugly.  :lol:

Maybe with the C30 coming...we'll have to see.
[right][snapback]218987[/snapback][/right]

I agree about the Volvo styling. Even tho the 2005+ are just reskins of 1st-gen Foci... I still think they look better than current Volvos. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

You drove an Auto-equipped ST Nate? I didn't think they made those. :huh:
See people, this is the problem. Everyone proclaims "Bring the Euro Fords here" but nobody actually wants to pay for one. In Europe people pay the equivalent of $32G for one. That's how their market is.

A Focus in Europe is an intermediate sized car. In the big picture, the Focus is looked at as how we look at a car the size of a Fusion.

Question: Why do you think there was so many issues with the Focus when it first came out? Answer: Because nobody would pay what people in Europe pay for them. So they had to cheapen it. Although they could've done a better job, THAT is the underlying cause for the issues. Nobody in North America is going to look at a Ford the size of a Focus and say that "I'll pay 30G for that" when at that same time a Taurus was going for $30G. We naturally migrate to the larger vehicle because (1) we perceive it as getting "more for your money" (2) we've got cheap gas (3) our city streets are big and (4) the majority of us are fat slouches and need the extra room.

Harsh truth.
Hmmm..maybe it wasnt an ST. Was a sedan with the gfx package, I thought only the ST came with it...

I drove it when I had teh car in for the fuel pump switch..
OAC_Sparky,Dec 7 2006, 07:26 AM Wrote:

That is the question.

I dunno, for $32G's the car better be built as tight as a MB and go like stink (even in autotragic form :P ) But then again, $32G's isn't that far off from what a fully tarted up SES used to cost here before Ford cut the prices so...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 7 2006, 11:11 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 7 2006, 07:26 AM Wrote:

That is the question.

I dunno, for $32G's the car better be built as tight as a MB and go like stink (even in autotragic form :P ) But then again, $32G's isn't that far off from what a fully tarted up SES used to cost here before Ford cut the prices so...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]218991[/snapback][/right]

My SVT listed for $31G in '02, and I bought it (at $4600 off)...
Would I pay $32 for a 07 or 08 Euro Focus....pffff, YEAH!!!!

Flofocus,Dec 7 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:Hmmm..maybe it wasnt an ST.  Was a sedan with the gfx package, I thought only the ST came with it...

I drove it when I had teh car in for the fuel pump switch..
[right][snapback]218990[/snapback][/right]

No, that would have been the SE sedan (In a bizzare marketing move you can't order the GFX package on the SES sedan from the factory :rolleyes: ) if you wanted it on the SES, you would have to have the parts ordered and installed after the fact.

NefCanuck
OAC_Sparky,Dec 7 2006, 11:07 AM Wrote:See people, this is the problem. Everyone proclaims "Bring the Euro Fords here" but nobody actually wants to pay for one. In Europe people pay the equivalent of $32G for one. That's how their market is.

A Focus in Europe is an intermediate sized car. In the big picture, the Focus is looked at as how we look at a car the size of a Fusion.

Question: Why do you think there was so many issues with the Focus when it first came out? Answer: Because nobody would pay what people in Europe pay for them. So they had to cheapen it. Although they could've done a better job, THAT is the underlying cause for the issues. Nobody in North America is going to look at a Ford the size of a Focus and say that "I'll pay 30G for that" when at that same time a Taurus was going for $30G. We naturally migrate to the larger vehicle because (1) we perceive it as getting "more for your money" (2) we've got cheap gas (3) our city streets are big and (4) the majority of us are fat slouches and need the extra room.

Harsh truth.
[right][snapback]218989[/snapback][/right]

Don't look at me.. I paid $30,000 for my focus... because it was the most car for the money (*cough* advance trac *cough*). I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I took a brow beating for 4 years from the general population, "but it's just a focus".

Then I buy a mustang for the same price, a base model v6 (with stripes!), and I get more attention than a parking lot full of modded up focuses.

t'is the sad truth. Don't expect the european focuses to make it here as-is.
darkpuppet,Dec 7 2006, 10:30 AM Wrote:Don't look at me.. I paid $30,000 for my focus... because it was the most car for the money (*cough* advance trac *cough*).  I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I took a brow beating for 4 years from the general population, "but it's just a focus". 
[right][snapback]218996[/snapback][/right]
Exactly.

Sadly, they can't do the product development and marketing to satisfy 10 potential customers that are willing to take that brow beating. In order to make a profit on these cars you have to sell thousands, not hundreds.

That is the question.

Nope.

From the bottom of heart...NO.
How many of us would want a Impreza wrc sti? Ford could do the same. Basic Focus all the way to the wrc champ.
oldeguy,Dec 7 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:How many of us would want a Impreza wrc sti? Ford could do the same. Basic Focus all the way to the wrc champ.
[right][snapback]219005[/snapback][/right]
Like I said. Many of us "want" stuff we're not willing to pay for.

Sadly, Ford in North America is not viewed the same way as an STI is.
but even the base model Subies don't come with the ghetto perception that the focus comes with...

it's like taking Tara Reid, fixing up her poor plastic surgery and then charging Adriana Lima prices for a night with her. You just never outlive that botched boob job.

and btw.. corresponding with OAC's reply.. I want Adriana Lima, but I sure as hell can't afford her...
Pages: 1 2 3