FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Persistance Pays Off...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been wanting to play gears of war for awhile.

As for darkpuppet's post, the 20GB hard drive only actually come with 12GBs of storage, theres a bunch of videos that take up space on there, and I've been thinking of connecting my 250GB external drive and see if it works.

You don't have to pay for online play, you can if you want all the features.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 6 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:I've been wanting to play gears of war for awhile.

As for darkpuppet's post, the 20GB hard drive only actually come with 12GBs of storage, theres a bunch of videos that take up space on there, and I've been thinking of connecting my 250GB external drive and see if it works.

You don't have to pay for online play, you can if you want all the features.
[right][snapback]218868[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the correction, you're right... you can play for free with the silver membership.
I'll wait for it to come down in price.

Jeeze, I can get an alternator for my car for that kind of coin.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 6 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 6 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Does a PS3 play PS1 games as well?  [right][snapback]218839[/snapback][/right]
Yes. PS, PS2, PS3, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Internet. I heard that some PS2 games don't play, but yes, they're fixing it. Nice that it has wireless networking on it as well.
[right][snapback]218847[/snapback][/right]

Okay that solves that question, are they using the same memory media for save games as the PS1/PS2? (Memory cards) or are they using the PS3's HDD?

Hrm, looks like sometime in '07 I'll have a perfectly good PS2 to sell :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 6 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 6 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 6 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Does a PS3 play PS1 games as well?  [right][snapback]218839[/snapback][/right]
Yes. PS, PS2, PS3, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Internet. I heard that some PS2 games don't play, but yes, they're fixing it. Nice that it has wireless networking on it as well.
[right][snapback]218847[/snapback][/right]

Okay that solves that question, are they using the same memory media for save games as the PS1/PS2? (Memory cards) or are they using the PS3's HDD?

Hrm, looks like sometime in '07 I'll have a perfectly good PS2 to sell :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]218876[/snapback][/right]

The save games are stored to the HDD. If you have old PS1/2 memory cards, you can buy a $20 adapter that'll allow you to copy the entire memory card to the HDD (but not the other way--yet).

btw.. with the recent release of yellow dog linux for the PS3, hackers have already managed to rip blueray disks to the PS3's HDD
To answer one of your posts: The 360 will allow you to use any external usb powered HD for media or game saves. You just need to dowload their November update that they released for free on live.

I just bought a 250gb external seagate from tigerdirect for $100 and it works just great for the 360...

lordkingod,Dec 8 2006, 03:14 AM Wrote:To answer one of your posts: The 360 will allow you to use any external usb powered HD for media or game saves. You just need to dowload their November update that they released for free on live. 

I just bought a 250gb external seagate from tigerdirect for $100 and it works just great for the 360...
[right][snapback]219113[/snapback][/right]

thanks man, i have no worries then.
lordkingod,Dec 7 2006, 11:14 PM Wrote:To answer one of your posts: The 360 will allow you to use any external usb powered HD for media or game saves. You just need to dowload their November update that they released for free on live. 

[right][snapback]219113[/snapback][/right]

I'm glad someone is keeping up on this stuff..;)

the 360 seems more attractive. Too bad it still costs the same, if not more, than the PS3 if you want all the extras....
Pages: 1 2