FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Difference From Gas Companies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious, is there any difference in the gas (87 octane i guess is the standard gas) between ESSO, Petro Canada, Sunoco, Shell, Cdn Tire ?

are they all exactly the same? What's with the Petro Canada "cleans as you drive" boast and winter gas boast?

i mix it up between shell 91. and sunoco 94 but ive been told if u can find petro 94 its great gas
Well I go between Esso 87 and Canadian Tire 87. I have never had trouble with either companies fuel. I am sure someone will say something along the line of Only use _______ gas because it has________. But ultimatly its your car and your money. Canadian Tire has great rewards, they practicly pay you to use their fuel. 10X coupons are my friend. The refuel light stays on a little longer when I have one of those. I need to get my money's worth. :P
Yup, I use either CDN Tire (for the Crappy Tire cash) or Esso for the Esso points that I convert to RBC Rewards points.

I've gotten quite similar mileage on both companies' gas... and that mileage is quite close to the "manufacturer's estimate" for fuel economy.
I stick with Shell for the Airmiles and the Easypay pass (Don't have to try and walk into the actual kiosk in the rain/snow, just wave the tag and boom in goes the 87 octane go juice)

NefCanuck
just a reminder to stay away from octanes that your car isn't engineered for.

So if you drive a stock focus, high octane will do you no good (and in fact, could do you harm).
94 petro gas is amazing...I could feel the difference when I filled up with it in Montreal. Seriously!
I fill up with Shell Vpower 95% of the time, the car runs great on it. the other 5% it gets PetroCan 91 Octane, and doesn't do that badly on it.
I only use Sunoco 87 (unless I'm out of town and need gas asap), I always found that Crappy Tire gas would last alot less than most others in our 4.0L Ranger. I haven't used their gas since.
I usually use Sunoco 94 or Esso 91, depending on which tune I'm running on my Xcal 2.