FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Battery Cables Covered Under Warranty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I was wondering if battery cables were covered under the Ford warranty? They are closed today so I can't call to ask. My car wouldn't start today so I noticed my positive contact was pretty covered in corrosion so I cleaned it all up and put it back on and car started fine. But the positive cable contact doesn't seat on the battery tight at all...it's a lil loose even when tightened right down so I think the positive contact on the cable got corroded down so it doesn't fit right anymore. The battery contacts look fine. I also noticed down the wire a bit, some of the rubber is burned off.
I had similar corrosion; cleaned it off, removed the torn and what appeared to be burnt heatshrink and cleaned off the crap with baking soda and water mixture, then cleaned it off and used dielectric grease and taped the wires up to prevent further corrosion.

As for being a warranty issue, i'd go to the dealer asap and inquire before the km's get too high.