FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Interested In A Atlantic Canada Focus G2g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, i know i'm new at fc, but i'm interested to see if theres enough interest to hold a atlantic fc meet next summer ?

i'm willing to do the leg work on this and have made a contact at the Roush performace dealer here in moncton...and surprise she rock'n the focus too... I told her i had a 00 zx3 and her response was "Nice!". shes rollin in a 06 with the gfx package.

anyways...

if theres enough interest i'll go down and talk to her and see if the ford dealership would be interested in hosting it and i'll try to find a few other sponcers... i met the owner of 3m trim-line today and he just bought a focus as well, and he's good friends with the owner of the ford dealer....

so who'd come? B)
now thats a hell of a trip

i drove to P.E.I and back 2 years in a row....so im mentaly prepared :D :lol:
I could do it if I had enough advanced notice.

And yes, it is a hell of a trip to Moncton. Roads are pretty darn good too much the whole way.
19 hour drive... I wish. Sounds like a good idea though!
euro_zx5,Dec 5 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:19 hour drive... I wish. Sounds like a good idea though!
[right][snapback]218727[/snapback][/right]

Actually if you drive at a good clip, you can do it in 12 hours (from North Bay, same from T.O.).
I made it from Toronto to Glace Bay NS in 20 hours driving all the way on my own. So it isn't imposible. But I am getting married at the end of next summer so all traveling is out of the question. Good luck with the plans, I hope it all works out and you get a good turn out.
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 5 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Dec 5 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:19 hour drive... I wish. Sounds like a good idea though!
[right][snapback]218727[/snapback][/right]

Actually if you drive at a good clip, you can do it in 12 hours (from North Bay, same from T.O.).
[right][snapback]218733[/snapback][/right]

We did it in 18 a couple of years ago, but that was mostly speed limit driving... 10 over on the larger, divided highways.
Ill be there if you guys decide let me know I know jeff taylor ill talk to him about a meet.
NikiterZTS,Dec 5 2006, 12:45 PM Wrote:i drove to P.E.I and back 2 years in a row....so im mental  :D  :lol:
[right][snapback]218720[/snapback][/right]
And a whore
I'd be up for it...havent been on the east coast since I was 10!!
I'll be heading out to bathurst just after xmas until the new year. Might be able to score up an evening of wings and beer at one of the bars in town.
I might be able to do it, provided it falls on one of the dates I get a week off from work with the sifts I'm on, plus I know deadskip would love to see more of Canada, like I have.
I might be interested as well... I want to take the 'vertible across the confederation bridge. :)
well it sounds like a good responce to build on... i'll try to get down to ford/roush and float the idea and see what trina thinks... might if not owr own meet maybe with the local stang club? but i'll float the idea...

i really like the idea of meeting up with the foci crew, i just spent the last 1 hour 1/3 cleaning the inside and rocking out to the "Stones" and maybe enjoying a couple german beer... ah, life is good...

and oscar if your in the area of moncton, post up and i'll head out for wings. sounds like a good idea, but bathurst is about 2-3 hours away...
darkpuppet,Dec 8 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:I might be interested as well... I want to take the 'vertible across the confederation bridge. :)
[right][snapback]219248[/snapback][/right]

Well, FYI you won't see much when crossing the bridge. The walls on either side are pretty darn high.
ya you pretty much have to be in a mini van.... heaven forbid to enjoy it... :D
Hey guys like I said if yahs get enough people we can get it done I know jeff taylor personally but you guys will need more than 5 cars . they said it shouldnt be a problem as long as there is enough cars its just publicity for them they can announce it and get some people in to see what can be done to focus's
figured I'd give this thread a little winter bump,

So have you guys set a date for this event yet ?

I'm free for a week durring these dates. June 8th - 12th, July 6th-10th & Aug 3rd - 7th.
I do Cambridge to Glace Bay as often as possible, so with enough notice, I would love to go again. All us guys in Ontario could group together.
I'm down east often for work. Time it right and I could get paid 42 cents/km to be part of a meet. A hot lap of Cape Breton would be nice to do again.
Pages: 1 2