FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ztwsquared Exposes Himself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I was in high school (1966-1970 gulp!) the bands that affected me the most were the British progressives ... Procol Harum, King Crimson, the original Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Barclay James Harvest, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Traffic, Uriah Heap, Strawbs etc etc ... and of course - Pink Floyd.

And although I find a lot of that music somewhat dated now (still enjoy it of course) the music of Pink Floyd somehow still sounds current and relevant and in some cases even fresh - at least it does to me.

The Wall IMO is a seminal piece of music for all time and so I plan on going to at least one of the upcoming Roger Waters The Wall Live dates - either in Toronto or Buffalo - and both if I can swing it.

Anyone else into their music and might be going?

And for those of you who might not know what I'm talking about, check out this Roger Waters vid on youtube ... it features the awesome Doyle Bramhall II (left handed guitarist plays rh guitar - member of Arcangels FTMFW) ... Snowy White on guitar (amazing guitar duel near the end) ... and the fantastic Melvoin sisters on backup vocals ... IMO this is what live music is all about.

Enjoy

Pink Floyd FTW!!! Up until a few years ago I had The Wall on LP and 8-Track. You are correct Ken, The Wall is undeniably the best album ever produced. It is on my most played list on iTunes. Any song, any time or from start to finish.
I am a huge old fart and PF fan. I have even met Roger before. I am going to try and go to the show in TO.
did someone use the words old and fart in the same sentance? plugging my nose really works!!
When is the show happening in Toronto? I'm not the biggest fan but I realise that it's one of those things that you have to go and see/hear in person.
NikiterZTS,Apr 15 2010, 07:24 AM Wrote:When is the show happening in Toronto? I'm not the biggest fan but I realise that it's one of those things that you have to go and see/hear in person.
[right][snapback]305208[/snapback][/right]
Tour opens in Toronto Sep 15

Buffalo - Oct 8
Ottawa - Oct 17
Montreal - Oct 19
Vancouver - Dec 10
paolo,Apr 15 2010, 02:52 AM Wrote:did someone use the words old and fart in the same sentance?  plugging my nose really works!!
[right][snapback]305207[/snapback][/right]
It's okay if you don't like Pink Floyd - a lot of people find it a bit too cerebral and there's no shame in being in that group. After all ... how else could Justin Bieber make a living? :lol:
I remember seeing them live at the EX (long torn down) when they had their big floating pink pig. It was one of the most memorable concerts I have ever attended.
Well I must say I love Pink Floyd and im only 22 lol. I'm going to be going to Toronto to check this out :)
dBlast,Apr 15 2010, 07:59 AM Wrote:I remember seeing them live at the EX (long torn down) when they had their big floating pink pig.  It was one of the most memorable concerts I have ever attended.
[right][snapback]305226[/snapback][/right]

Didn't somebody die after that show? Walked into the lake or something.
I saw Roger Waters a few years back at the amphitheater in T.O.

One of the most profound and influential musicians of all time.

I'm a huge fan.
I actually think they're pretty good. I remember having an LP of theirs that was from my parent's collection at one time. Yes a Record of theirs belongs in my collection. Pretty good stuff.
Am I really getting too old for this s**t? I just checked ticket prices for this show. $500 minimum for my wife and I to attend. ANd that's in the upper deck. If you want to sit on the floor, cough up $1500.

Can you say fawk that???

When did tickets get so out of my mind expensive?
When bands realized that the record companies were screwing them over for their slice of the pie.

The band keeps way more from doing live shows, only having to slice the pie up with the promoter.

NefCanuck