FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Petawawa Is Being Buried Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Subject and header say it all...

Petawawa is gonna be under 6" of snow by morning if it keeps coming down like it is...I've already defrosted and cleaned off the stang 2x tonight, and I've shoveled out my parking space, and front sidewalks 2x now...hope the plows will keep up, and I wonder if this snow is on it's way down to So.ON.

That'd suck if they needed to call in Petawawa again to help remove snow or transport people...lol!
Forecast just says chance of fluries over teh weekend. You can keep your snow up there, we don't need it down here.
Drivesthebeast,Dec 1 2006, 09:28 PM Wrote:That'd suck if they needed to call in Petawawa again to help remove snow or transport people...lol!
[right][snapback]218309[/snapback][/right]

bwahaha hahaha hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *gasp* :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's been at least 6 inches between North Bay and Sudbury today. Even more, as the Focus is sitting in the in-laws driveway and it looks like an upside-down cherry snocone.

I shoveled the driveway at home before we left, but I have a feeling I'll have to clean it again when I get home.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 1 2006, 10:47 PM Wrote:I shoveled the driveway at home before we left, but I have a feeling I'll have to clean it again when I get home.
[right][snapback]218326[/snapback][/right]

Your feelings do not betray you young Skywalker. Your labours will be many when you return to this snow laden paradise.
:postpics:
I left the DSLR at home... pics to come when we get back.

Hey Oscar, wanna shovel the driveway for me? The shovel's on the front step :D
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 2 2006, 11:43 AM Wrote:I left the DSLR at home... pics to come when we get back.

Hey Oscar, wanna shovel the driveway for me? The shovel's on the front step :D
[right][snapback]218364[/snapback][/right]

I'll see if Mr. Plow can go over.

Now you know why I want a truck.
According to weathernetwork.com Petawawa only got 2cm of snow ? They said 21.5mm - maybe they *ucked up with the mm - cm thing ? Let me know I have to go back on Monday.
Note to self. Buy a snowblower.

Wet snow + worn boots + smooth & steep inclined driveway = Wacky slipping hilarity! :yikes:
meford4u,Dec 2 2006, 12:21 AM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]218329[/snapback][/right]

Well, here is a pic of my Focus loaner until my ST arrives.
I live about 1 hour Est of Petawawa. I got the same snow last night.
I had fun driving my quad in the snow ;)

[Image: 2003focusloanerto2.th.jpg]
Looks like a SE sedan... probably a SPI-powered one. :)
much aggreed upon, and oh ya! Sudbury got shat upon with snow too :(
Well, it was a LOT easier to drive the stang up here today, as most of the roads had been cleared, and in some places, they were already dry too...So, I went out and got some stuff (winter wiper blades, HD booster cables, Prestone Heat, A squeegee, etc) to start making up a safety kit for the worst case scenario for in the trunk. The Pirelli P-Zero Nero's that are on the car are actually a pretty fantastic tire...they hold the road in almost all conditions, other than deep slushy snow. I also washed the car, and it almost totally blew dry on the way home, and looks like a million bucks compared to the other cars around...I even had a guy out for a walk glance at the car, and then take a 2nd look, and he gave me a sort of "what the...?" look...guess he thought I am silly to drive a car like that in the snow...until I have the truck up here, I don't have too much choice.

They screwed up about the 2.5cm's...it was more like 5" at one point this morning. It is apparently going to snow some more in the next week, etc.

L8tz
A pic from outside my living room. That's the best side of the house, the other side got the drifts and its over a foot deep.

[Image: WINTER.JPG]

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 2 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:Looks like a SE sedan... probably a SPI-powered one. :)
[right][snapback]218396[/snapback][/right]

Yup, it's an SE, but not SPI. It's an '03 with about 70,000Km
It's an automatic and has snow tires, thank god :)
Oh, BTW, my gf put her ZX5 in the ditch about 400 feet from the house last night, lol.
Nothing broke, but had a hell of a time to get it out... She went to call a friend with a truck, by the time she got back, I had it out of the ditch ;)
suck it up boys, didn't here me complain about the snow when it dumped more than 6inchs out here.
Oh, I wasn't complaining...just stating that the REAL snow is starting to arrive here now...

That, and I've been given the oppourtunity to try my TCS a lot, and my ABS, and find out what the grip and handling characteristics of the car like. So far, VERY competent considering what the car is, and the fact that the P Zeros are 235/55 ZR17 All-season tires...
Yipes, so far all that's been through the GTA are sprinkles of snow with occasional gusts of high winds (Which is one thing the Focus does not like, at least at stock ride height anyways ;))

Supposed to get a few cm by Thursday, we'll see I guess...

NefCanuck
*looks out window*

*&$%Ker!!! :blink: More snow!

Must get snowblower!!!!
Pages: 1 2