FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New 2008 Focus Spy Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/wr-e...t-the-interior/

This interior sure blows the interior of the current focus away and just all of the others in the compact class from what i can tell.

So it's definitely another reskin of the 1st gen. I'm more intrigued by the coupe, really... but not enough to keep me from buying the new hatch. :)

Actually, that centre console is really reminiscent of the Fusion I drove last week. I know the current Focus centre console is... dated, but I'm not enamoured of the Fusion's innards enough to like that interior shot.

Well, at least not that shot in particular, anyways.
Why won't they just take what europe has and bring it over..... surely the cost of bringing the euro up to N/A spec would have been less than 2 years of reskinning the same car???
yep, Ford has ruined the Focus
those mirrors look like they are from the MK2 focus in europe
Looks very bulky to me, I'd have to see that thing in person before making any decisions on liking it or hating it. Why does the focus STILL have rear drums? They should change it to 4 wheel disk, that would make the car better in my opinion.
Burnin21,Nov 29 2006, 12:16 AM Wrote:They should change it to 4 wheel disk, that would make the car better in my opinion.
[right][snapback]217860[/snapback][/right]

That's STILL one of only two major gripes I have about the car.
I love how they go to such lengths to hide such a piece of sh it.
Okay, I'm of two minds here. I like the reworked steering wheel, since it looks like they're integrating the radio controls into it (Maybe HVAC as well?) but those cup holders in the centre console fail because their location sucks & they look cheap & nasty...

NefCanuck
I like the cruise controls on the wheel... and even if the radio controls on a second stalk are a toy I think it's neat.

Those cupholders are identical to either the Fusion or the Rabbit... maybe both. I can't stand them, either way.
I like the cupholders in the stang, but I have to put a drink in the rear one, so that I can grab the gearshift properly...lol

The interior of the stang DOES seem kinda plasticky overall, but then again, ALL of the newer cars are going this route. I still like the dash and console a lot, the door panels are kinda bland, etc. Then again, you don't buy a Mustang if you want a Gucci interior anyways (though this one is more heavily appointed than the focus was, options wise)...lol

Oh yeah, back on topic, I still can't tell if the newer Focus is gonna suck azz or not. I hope that they don't totally ruin the car, though they've already started to do so with the 05+ interiors (my appologies to those of you with them, but they look wayyy too much like a corolla or civic or some other asian cookie cutter interior, unlike the 1st gen interior)...

We'll have to see how the car looks overall, with that crap all removed, and in a DIFFERENT colour than white or sand...sheesh...
I'm still not crazy about the redesign, but i'll hold off on final judgements until i see the car without all the extra crap all over it.
Here's a video of that Focus:

2008 Focus
It still doesn't quite look finished... but I am anxious to see how they're gonna keep this car alive considering how old the design is getting. I've got mixed feelings about it, some angles I'm starting to like, and likewise I don't like others... but maybe it's all that covering on them or the fact there are no proper wheels on most of them.
im sure they will drop at the NAIAS in january, ill try and get as much info and pics as possible
In a way I'm looking forward to seeing it but at the same time I'm not. I can say truthfully I have lost interest in the Focus since the 2005 model came out, and kinda have that funny feeling I'll not like this MK1.3 facelift more.
I can't say anything good about it.
ANTHONYD,Nov 29 2006, 09:47 AM Wrote:I love how they go to such lengths to hide such a piece of sh it.
[right][snapback]217869[/snapback][/right]

I still stand by my statement.
CanadaSVT,Dec 12 2006, 11:01 PM Wrote:Here's a video of that Focus:

2008 Focus
[right][snapback]219896[/snapback][/right]

For some reason it screams mazda 3 sedan to me after watching that
From the video - "A restyled front grille and headlights will give it an updated look" - compared to what? The first-gen had people staring for quite some time, and the current front end is far from bland or old-looking.

I can't stand how some people "interpret" s***.

And, considering the Fusion was hard-pressed to impress me (especially the back end), I'm not sure I want to drive a car that ought to be labelled "Fusion Jr.".
Pages: 1 2