FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Ever Feel Just.... Meh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey fellas.

Just asking a quick question to all of you. Have you ever felt yourself feeling just "meh whatever" for a long period of time? It seems that for the last few weeks I haven't been myself. Not overly excited about stuff, not pumped for xmas, not in the party mood, not motivated to take any action on anything that deserves it....I dunno, it;s totally not like me. For those of you that know me well, I'm always a ver positive upbeat kind of person ready to laugh and crack jokes...and lately....I just couldn't be bothered.

Things at home are fine, the wife and I are great, work is work, the family is all doing well. I dunno. I just for some reason want to go home home, lay on the couch and play Xbox all day. It's all I get the energy up to do these days. I took last Friday off, put up the xmas lights and enjoyed the sun with my dog all day thinking that would cheer me up. Nope. Still kinda blue.

I'm doing fine at work, just as creative as before, still doing great work, respected by my colegues and everything. I just prefer to have my office door closed and work away on my own. (This is totally out of my character)

What gives?

Jen suggested I start running and riding my bike again, skip rope and get the blood flowing again. I dunno. :(

And noe Meford....bouncy tits aren't going to help. Sorry pal.
get some exercise.
Could just be the weather.. less sunlight, etc. I rarely see the sun except for my walk during lunch, and for my drive home from work.

I've been feeling the same way for the past couple of weeks as well. Pretty much same symptoms.. not excited about xmas, or anything. I want to just leave work, go home, and vege out on the couch all day. I'm tired when I wake up (I get enough sleep), then I get moving and I'm fine, and early evening, I'm dead tired. Definately having a lack of motivation. And, we don't really have any problems either, other than waiting waiting waiting for the PR stamp in my passport.

mm... bouncy tits..
I agree with Nate... take a multi-vitamin (unless you already are) and work some regular exercise into your day.

I used to find all sorts of excuses to not get cardio, but now... I'm really glad I went back to it.

Before: lifted weights, no cardio. I had plenty of strength for short bursts, but extended runs / skates, whatever killed me.

Now: I play 45 minutes of ball hockey at lunch every Tues/Thurs, plus every Friday we can get enough guys together. I combine that with the odd 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike and it's like I'm a changed man. I also skate for an hour 1 - 2 times a week coaching minor hockey. My mood and optimism about everything has come up drastically.

Give it a try, bud.

However, we're in a record year for the number of days without direct sunlight. I find myself less-than-enthused about Christmas until I start thinking about seeing Sara's face when she sees what she's getting this year. :D
I think everyone has those moments..

Exercise, proper diet, etc.. all help..

At least you got a wife, dog, house, job you love....now I'm depressed...

*ahem*

When I had a really bad winter a couple years ago.. I went to the tanning salon... and as gay as that may seem, it sure as hell helped pick up my mood. Nothing like getting some UV's on your bare ass.

Anyways, party's this weekend... make some time and swing by with Jen for some pre-christmas cheer :)
All of us feel that way every once in a while. You need to do something new, or old ,that you think would be fun to do. Also, eating right, exercise, lots of fun with the wife, will all help. Just as a n aside, there is a health drink out there that will help, but, since I sell the stuff, you'll have to send me a PM.
darkpuppet,Nov 28 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:I think everyone has those moments..

Exercise, proper diet, etc.. all help..

At least you got a wife, dog, house, job you love....now I'm depressed...

*ahem*

When I had a really bad winter a couple years ago.. I went to the tanning salon... and as gay as that may seem, it sure as hell helped pick up my mood.  Nothing like getting some UV's on your bare ass.

Anyways, party's this weekend... make some time and swing by with Jen for some pre-christmas cheer :)
[right][snapback]217743[/snapback][/right]

Oh s***. I forgot to tell you. Please count us in.

We'll be there.

Jen said she misses you. :wub:

a.
Flofocus,Nov 28 2006, 09:04 AM Wrote:get some exercise.
[right][snapback]217740[/snapback][/right]

x2 Always works! Try and make a workout plan, start off with small workouts and build up slowly. That way you won't lose interest as easily.

02ztsian

Try staying away from this site for a few days. That always perks me up!!!!!!!
02ztsian,Nov 28 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Try staying away from this site for a few days. That always perks me up!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]217750[/snapback][/right]

Totally!

:lol: <--- that is as close to laughter I get these days. :(
02ztsian,Nov 28 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Try staying away from this site for a few days. That always perks me up!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]217750[/snapback][/right]

It's what I do... :P

actually, given a bit of time, we'll have a newer, brighter, happier colour scheme...
Sounds like a Classic case of S.A.D.D. (seasonal affected depression disorder)

I get it sometimes, but usually not till jan / feb. If anything it's not a bad thing mostly everyone sufferes from it, and it's linked to lack of sunlight, and how the season and days are shorter, if it really starts to get wosre Anthony, see a Therpist, or take a sunny holiday for a week or two if you can afford it as it will perk you right up.

btw, it has nothing to do with Christmas, it's all related to the winter season.
Frost__2001,Nov 28 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:Sounds like a Classic case of S.A.D.D. (seasonal affected depression disorder)

I get it sometimes, but usually not till jan / feb. If anything it's not a bad thing mostly everyone sufferes from it, and it's linked to lack of sunlight, and how the season and days are shorter, if it really starts to get wosre Anthony, see a Therpist, or take a sunny holiday for a week or two if you can afford it as it will perk you right up.

btw, it has nothing to do with Christmas, it's all related to the winter season.
[right][snapback]217757[/snapback][/right]

yeah... moving from a northern community where you'd get as much as 17 hours of sunlight, to an area where you're lucky to get 15 on the longest days... it really makes a difference in one's mood. The 1st couple years in Toronto were pretty damn depressing..
Bah Therapy...

Been there done that, got the t-shirt.

I went for help when my Mother passed (God rest her soul) and I felt all it did was bring my "issues" with her death back up to the surface. I found I healed much quicker being around my family and friends than I did spewing my guts to someone who couldn't give a s***. Not to mention I'm not a fan of maintinence drugs either. I may sell them, I just don't fully "understand" them.

I actually just got off the scale here at work, turns out I've gained about 10 lbs. since the summer. I'm gonna go for a jog tonight and see how I feel. Thinking back on the past 3 weeks here at work, I've been working weekends, eating out of boxes and getting home late. I think I may have just found my problem.
go do something that will scare the s*** out of you, should get your adrenaline pumping.
Oh, and aside from major changes, maybe it's just related to age/weather combination? The weather lately has been absolute crap, constantly changing. The weather could very well be the root to all this... like frost said. Except, I never knew a title for it... :lol:
Be careful with diagnosing yourself with something like SAD, but I would definately encourage you to get some exercise... the first few days working out will be rough, but you will feel better, guaranteed!

I firmly believe it's got to do with the weather. I've been just blah and a little crabbier than usual lately, even though I'm elated with my new job. I mean, hell, I was even bored at the strippers 2 weekends ago. Started going for a couple drinks on Sunday night for the beginnning of the week, that seemed to help a bit but it got real bad last week. My best friend Amanda even told me she was worried about me doing something "stupid". She just remembers 2 yrs ago when I slipped into a huge depression for a month, just after my 29th bday in January, quit my job, locked my girlfriend out of the house and out of my life,drank pretty much all day in bed and did nothing.

I didn't want that again so last week I got my ass back to the gym 4 days a week, trying for more and I'm going to the tanning salon twice a week, puppet beat me to it, but that was going to be my first suggestion, artificial sunlight, you can even find the light bulbs to put in your light sockets.

This will probably sound crazy to some but the snow we got on Sat and Sunday out here totally changed my mood. I got out and played in the snow and had fun. It sure as s*** beats the rain. :)
Go for a long 800km drive to Windsor and back or something.
looks like depression
start taking Prozacs
Pages: 1 2