FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Is Similar In These?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Drivesthebeast,Nov 29 2006, 05:39 PM Wrote:Yeah really,

My parents are in Mexico this week, and come home this coming wkd...they don't know what I've gone and done, and I'm just gonna let them arrive home to see the stang in the driveway with the same plates on it as the Focus...lol...

Also, the dealership gave me $6500 for the focus, WITHOUT the SVT rims and the stereo...guess it helps when you "SELL" your car to a dealer...sort of...lol

The owner of the dealership has had colleagues of his tell him that my Focus is the most interesting and cleanest 01 they've seen, and that he didn't get ripped off by me.  They actually did pay me $6500 on the Focus, which was more than what I owed on it.  The paperwork makes no indication of it being any less, and I went to the bank to check on things tonight, whether a stop payment was needed on the loan on the Focus, but they DID pay for the car outright.  So I walked away clear of the old loan, got full approval for the new one, and get to sell my stuff to other Foci enthusiasts at the same time...
[right][snapback]217944[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I think they'll get the idea pretty quick if they can remember your plate numbers at all :D

No, you didn't do too badly at all consideringing that they gave you $6,500 in trade and resulting tax savings on the new vehicle on top of that :)

Meh, I bought the Focus in cash at the time and I'm determined to buy the next car the same way if I can. I dislike having too many creditors owning pieces of my soul (the dark shriveled thing that it is :lol: ) right now the list is only two (bank and credit card) and I'd like to keep it that way ;)

NefCanuck
Man Nice find buddy, If I could find a deal on a stang like that i'd pick it up if the insurance wouldn't eat me alive first.
The insurance is $140 per month, but the killer for me is the hike in monthly payment for this car Vs the ZX3...let's just say it's a little more than I would have liked, but once I make Cpl, my difference in pay will greatly bridge the gap for me, and then when I go on tour again, I'll be making a ton of cash, and I'll go and drop like $10K on the principal of the loan, so that way I will have like 2 fewer years to pay on the car, and then reduce my interest payments by quite a bit too...

The car has proven to be a great ride overall so far after driving it for the last week, and putting about 600+ km's on it. The stock stereo kicks butt, the brakes and steering feel confident, and this car handles/corners very well for a stock car. I would like to see what it's like with a couple aftermarket bits and some better tires...

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Nice pickup... I'm jealous.

My dad picked up his 2006 'Stang GT that he won back in October... Still haven't seen the car yet. His has the red 'interior upgrade package' on it, autotragic, and the Bullitt rims, but otherwise the same car.

Congrats!

Ryan
Nice stang!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2