FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How About That Weather!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it's usually this time of the year when everyone in Toronto stare longingly at the snow outside, while folks in Vancouver go walking about in shorts and t-shirts.

Well...

there's something like 30cm of snow falling in BC, and +17C temps coming to Toronto this week (+12 today).

It's the end of November and people are driving around with their tops down!

woot!

Isn't global warming great?! *shakes head in disapproval* :lol:
Yeah this past weekend was awesome. Saw a ton of people out Saturday and Sunday with just tshirts on.

Saw people still riding their motorcycles to work this morning, and even a couple cars with the tops down.

If its still nice when I get out of work, the car may even get a bath!
torradan,Nov 27 2006, 12:04 PM Wrote:Yeah this past weekend was awesome.  Saw a ton of people out Saturday and Sunday with just tshirts on.

Saw people still riding their motorcycles to work this morning, and even a couple cars with the tops down.

[right][snapback]217595[/snapback][/right]

don't you mean shower? Or are you planning on driving it into the lake?
I put my xmas lights up in a t-shirt on Friday!

The planet is so skrewed.
Yeah, there's just a touch of snow on the ground out here. Looking at the tracks I made through the untouched parking lot at work this morning, about 8". That was in about a 24hr period. I know it's nothing compared to some of the snow that Ont etc gets but for here thats pretty substantial. A lot of people stuck, a lot of people grumpy.

Personally I love the stuff. Last week a few of us were talking about how depressing it was with 5 weeks of rain, I wasn't sleeping good, I know a few others weren't either. The snow came, totally changed the scenery, went out and played in it all day with my friends nephews and niece. Had a blast. Slept like a dog last night.
darkpuppet,Nov 27 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:
torradan,Nov 27 2006, 12:04 PM Wrote:Yeah this past weekend was awesome.  Saw a ton of people out Saturday and Sunday with just tshirts on.

[right][snapback]217598[/snapback][/right]

Sponge bath...
ANTHONYD,Nov 27 2006, 11:23 AM Wrote:I put my xmas lights up in  a t-shirt on Friday!

The planet is so skrewed.
[right][snapback]217599[/snapback][/right]

Are we the only two who realize this?! Or are the current Weather Network commercials on global warming not 'in your face' enough for everyone? :P
darkpuppet,Nov 27 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]217598[/snapback][/right]

Well now that you mention it, the inside needs a good cleaning.

4 coffees in carrier on floor of passenger seat + jackass in a pickup who cuts you off = 1 big mess.
I got my winters on just in time.

All this snow sucks.

Late night parking lots! Look out!
Yeah I'm loving thus week off, I washed that car and took care of some other things related to it since it's been so great.
Yeah nice weather here in the GTA. Shame I came down with a viral infection and have been housebound since Saturday <_< (Hell I was barely awake for more than two hours total in Saturday :ph34r: )

NefCAnuck
sooooo...

woke up this morning to a current temp of 8C, high of 12C. now it's currently 6C with a high of -1C ..

what gives?

they're still forecasting 18C on Thursday... I don't see it happening considering how cold it's getting here...
darkpuppet,Nov 28 2006, 01:50 PM Wrote:sooooo...

woke up this morning to a current temp of 8C, high of 12C.  now it's currently 6C with a high of -1C ..

what gives?

they're still forecasting 18C on Thursday...  I don't see it happening considering how cold it's getting here...
[right][snapback]217779[/snapback][/right]

Latest from Weather Network says 14 for Thursday but then Friday it drops to 3C....

At this rate I'll never shake this freaking virus :ph34r:

NefCanuck
It just... keeps... raining! And then it's supposed to be stupid cold for the weekend. Looks like I get to try out the heated seats early :D