FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Egr/dpfe Stumble, Does Ford Touch The Ecu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I'm having a bunch of problems with the car.

the car stumbles / mifires low in every gear under and around 2000RPM then feels shifty for nearly the entire rev range.

the onyl time i remember it being this way was when I had the classic EGR/DPFE stumble. when Ford corrects this, do they change anything inside of the ECU for the new system being installed?

because as soon as I change out my ECu for the powerworks flashed version my car has been acting like crap. it happens every single time I start the car unless I sit there for around 6 minutes and warm up the car. If I stop, even for 3 seconds, I start the car, it does it again.

anyone got any idea?
if your PFE sensor is gone, chances are, ford doesnt touch the ECU., i went through 2 PFE sensors, ECU stayed untouched.
your powerworks tune probably disables the DPFE system, so it shouldn't be that.

If you say that your car runs fine without the tune in the ecu, then runs like crap when you load the tune .... you need to get a new tune or have the file looked at cuz obviously something is wrong in the tune
My car was the same way when I had my mail order tune. Would run like s*** below 3500rpm....The tuner had to correct my short term fuel trims...they were all over the place.

What plugs and gap are you running? That could explain the hesiatation in higher rpms. Should be running some afz22's plugs gapped at .040.

Do you have a logger? Something you can go for a drive and take a look....thats something I regretted when going FI, should of got something with a logger so see what the hell its doing after....

Now I've said that my engine blew on the dyno when tuning, but the tuner said that my s***ty mail order tune that I ran for 1 year could have taken its toll on my engine, which makes sense. So get yours looked at quick.
I think these plugs have to be gapped at .45 (SVT plugs on a PW tune)

I got the codes:

P0133
P0401

just as I suspected, stupid EGR system, gotta run through it when its not snowing and look at everything this code entails.