FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Happy Thanksgiving!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Today is the day I give thanks for not having a single American around to call me to help with their urgent project-related issues!

To celebrate, we'll be doing our usual Canadian American Thanksgiving celebratory rounds to various establishments of repute and disrepute for wings, beer, oysters and ogling.

Proof that canadians know how to do up American Thanksgiving RIGHT!

l8r boys.. I'm off...
D'oh and I forgot to set my PVR for today's afternoon NFL games <_<

Not that watching the Detriot Lions is any great shakes, but they are my NFC team of record :P

NefCanuck
Must be nice!

On that note, I need to remember to submit my vacation days for Christmas break... extended break here I come!
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:Must be nice!

On that note, I need to remember to submit my vacation days for Christmas break... extended break here I come!
[right][snapback]217233[/snapback][/right]

Hah! I did that back in September! No way was I getting the gears around Christmas time again (Everyone else takes time off, leaving the unlucky sods that didn't ask for time off to take the entire load, I think last year we were down to three people the week before Christmas when our normal compliment is ten :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
Well I've decided to take the day off from school and watch football. I guess i should add that i'll be doing homework while watching, but for the most part i'm gonna be watching football.
haha Thanks!

what a lazy day ... cleaned up outside, now i'm watching happy gilmore and then off to the folk's for dinner. yippee! Its nice to have 2 thanksgivings a year now, means I can eat myself into a coma more often.

So.. when is this beer/wings/oysters/ogling deal?
torradan,Nov 23 2006, 02:15 PM Wrote:haha Thanks!

what a lazy day ... cleaned up outside, now i'm watching happy gilmore and then off to the folk's for dinner.  yippee!  Its nice to have 2 thanksgivings a year now, means I can eat myself into a coma more often.

So.. when is this beer/wings/oysters/ogling deal?
[right][snapback]217246[/snapback][/right]

that was yesterday...

I might have to shave off my goatee...
hah i posted it yesterday!

instead I was stuck at my parent's house with my "special" uncle. "special" being jesus-freak, and generally wacked-out.

OH HOW I WANTED TO PUT THE BIG SERVING FORK THING INTO HIS EYE.
torradan,Nov 24 2006, 11:01 AM Wrote:hah i posted it yesterday!

instead I was stuck at my parent's house with my "special" uncle.  "special" being jesus-freak, and generally wacked-out.

OH HOW I WANTED TO PUT THE BIG SERVING FORK THING INTO HIS EYE.
[right][snapback]217346[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like Sara's special aunt from her step-mom's side. She's continually shunned (has been all her life, at that) at Christmas because she's only "half-related".

I think I'll do the Atheist guy thing on them for New Year's. :lol: