FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp Exhaust - Gb On Transportation Gta Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've ordered the exhaust for the new wagon - Ed at MBRP says it will take 7 to 14 days to manufacture.

As some of you know my cottage is a couple of miles from their location in Huntsville and so I plan on combining a pickup with a trip to the cottage, when it's ready.

So here's the offer:

If you think you might be ordering an exhaust for yourself, I can save you some money on shipping (normally $40USD) by bringing it down with me and you pick it up at my place - or we meet up somewhere. Shoot me ten bucks and I'm happy.

Ed did say that he has some of the ZX3/5 and sedan exhausts in stock - no price break though as they've already put them on sale for $100USD off.

I figure I'll have room in the wagon for 4 or 5 systems.

I'll be doing this in any event ... so there isn't any minimum or anything - just let me know.

cool, when he says 7 to 14 days to manufacture, does he mean welding the muffler and resonator and tip to the tubing? Or actually constructing the tubing from scratch?
I was thinking of getting one for my '07 ST but here is the response I got when I emailed MBRP:

"HI
This exhaust has not been confirmed for the 2006-2007 models ...... not looking like we will be bringing this car in for a while. I can tell you that some guys have ordered up and fit to the 2006 and from what I know very little had to be done for the 00-05 system to fit. Minor changes to the flange and first hanger.
Ed Roberts"

So, I'm gonna wait until spring and see what becomes available for the '07 ST. Nice offer BTW.
interested... but could we get it shipped from your place to my place afterwards??

btw where is your place?
cornflakes,Nov 23 2006, 03:16 AM Wrote:cool, when he says 7 to 14 days to manufacture, does he mean welding the muffler and resonator and tip to the tubing? Or actually constructing the tubing from scratch?
[right][snapback]217178[/snapback][/right]
Good question ... I doubt very much that they actually manufacture the tubing ... and indeed when I visited there this past summer they had stacks and stacks of tubing in inventory ... so I think probably the manufacturing involves cutting and bending the tubing and welding the pieces together.
Gravter,Nov 23 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:I was thinking of getting one for my '07 ST but here is the response I got when I emailed MBRP:

"HI
This exhaust has not been confirmed for the 2006-2007 models ...... not looking like we will be bringing this car in for a while. I can tell you that some guys have ordered up and fit to the 2006 and from what I know very little had to be done for the 00-05 system to fit. Minor changes to the flange and first hanger.
Ed Roberts"

So, I'm gonna wait until spring and see what becomes available for the '07 ST.  Nice offer BTW.
[right][snapback]217190[/snapback][/right]
That's not exactly a complete statement ... to make the '04 system a "bolt up" installation on an '05+ apparently requires the removal of a second cat and that's straight from Ed at MBRP. Alternately an installation with the second cat requires extensive modifications or replacement of the "intermediary pipe" (??)

And when I offered my car for a day or two to assist in engineering a revised system for '05+ they declined saying they have no interest at this time in "expanding" the Focus line of exhausts ... so waiting for MBRP wouldn't seem to be the answer.

Additionally when I offered to pay MBRP to alter and install the system, they couldn't give me a solid quote (even after doing it to Daniel's car) and said it would take anywhere from 2 to 5 hours at $75 per hour -- didn't give me a great feeling of comfort. $150 I'm okay with, $425 for installation is too much.

I bought mine for the '07 wagon I just got, and I do not want the second cat removed so I'm paying a shop here in Brampton to make the alterations (and also install the Eibach Pro Kit).

This is the shop that made a custom s.s. exhaust for my Mystique from scratch using 2 expensive magnaflow mufflers and a nice tip, all for $600 -- even with measuring and bending the tubes by hand and with trial fit after trial fit ... it took them less than 4 hours to make a whole exhaust - and it was flawless.

That's what I know so far, anyway.
02_svt_guy,Nov 23 2006, 08:47 AM Wrote:interested...  but could we get it shipped from your place to my place afterwards??

btw  where is your place?
[right][snapback]217195[/snapback][/right]

I'm in Brampton (hence the "GTA only" in the title) but in any event, if you have to pay for shipping, you're better off getting MBRP to ship it directly to you.
Does anyone have any pics of the exhaust????price for 00 sedan???
kc focus,Nov 23 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:Does anyone have any pics of the exhaust????price for 00 sedan???
[right][snapback]217304[/snapback][/right]

Go here ... MBRP website
Okay my exhaust is ready for pickup and I'll be going up to Huntsville this week ... this is basically a last call for anyone who wants me to pick up for them.

ZTWsquared,Nov 22 2006, 02:34 PM Wrote:So I've ordered the exhaust for the new wagon - Ed at MBRP says it will take 7 to 14 days to manufacture.

As some of you know my cottage is a couple of miles from their location in Huntsville and so I plan on combining a pickup with a trip to the cottage, when it's ready.

So here's the offer:

If you think you might be ordering an exhaust for yourself, I can save you some money on shipping (normally $40USD) by bringing it down with me and you pick it up at my place - or we meet up somewhere. Shoot me ten bucks and I'm happy.

Ed did say that he has some of the ZX3/5 and sedan exhausts in stock - no price break though as they've already put them on sale for $100USD off.

I figure I'll have room in the wagon for 4 or 5 systems.

I'll be doing this in any event ... so there isn't any minimum or anything - just let me know.
[right][snapback]217059[/snapback][/right]
It's too bad you're going the absolute wrong way for me :P

Good luck Ken!