FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 Ford Escape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2008 Escape

well what do you guys think?

honestly I really dislike that new front end, it looks really off to me.. however I like the newer tail lights, but this is a facelift as the doors are the same as the 2001 - 2007 models.
Overall, it's an awesome improvement imo. I'm sure different grills will be offered, that should make it much easier to look at.
imho the majority of the newer ford cars look worse than the models that rolled a couple years back. But i think they are on to something good with the fusion design (the taillights on the ford fusion is the way to go). The escape is such a good compact suv, it really deserves a much more stylish design. for a 2008 model, it already looks out of style and old (it looks like something that would have been released about 3 or 4 years ago).

C'mon guys....add some creativity and vision in your new designs! Either that or maybe I should have been a car designer :)

02SVTSEDAN

I like it - Looks like they cleaned it up a bit, but I still like the old front end it looks more sporty.

Over all I think it looks nice, the white color mite be throwing it off a bit - I would go with Ford black for this bad boy!

I just hope things start to go Fords way now with the changes, because I would really like to stay with Ford when I'm in the market for a new car down the road.
Cheers,
Meh, i dont mind it.
I guess it's not as boring as before... but stilll .. *yawn* call me when they stop looking like hyundais..
My roomate has an 03 Limited...black on black leathers, I like it a lot, and think it's a lot more masculine than a CRV or Rav4.

Not sure if I like the look of the front end, but I think that's because the truck in the pics looks white...overall I think the truck looks more streamlined/less-cluttered than the older ones, as well as looks more manly too...

I still think the Esacape is the best vehicle in that class, and would be my 1st choice if I wanted a smaller truck like that...
I like the rear view but the front view looks, I dunno if "cheap" is the right word but that's the first thing that comes into my head seeing it :huh:

So much body colour and not much chrome to set it off...

NefCanuck
Looks better than the old one.
Kev will kill me for saying this, but try as I might I can't bring myself to like the Escape. The Hybrid seems like a good idea, but that's as far as my admiration goes for it. :blink:
NefCanuck,Nov 22 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:I like the rear view but the front view looks, I dunno if "cheap" is the right word but that's the first thing that comes into my head seeing it :huh:

So much body colour and not much chrome to set it off...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]217091[/snapback][/right]

I thought the same thing actually, but I like the rear a lot, but I don't care for the higher angled rear bumper either, Plus the one thing would like to point out is the fact it looks more like the Explourer in the front then the Escape, then again the Mercury versions look a little more refined then the Ford version.
[Image: 11202006121123.jpg]
im not digging the rear end... but..
[Image: 112020061215511334.jpg]
but the front end is a nice improvement