FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hid Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has been discussed before, but i found some new information on it today.

If you want to buy the parts seperate the HID lights will cost you 838 each.

the kit goes for $1200, my price is 950$ it comes with both lights and wiring harness. So it will be plug and play. Also Ford Canada has 3 in stock.

so the question is....

Is it worth the money? I want to have good lights, i drive a lot and nights and I would want something that is maintenance free(no changing bulbs every 2 months) and I dont want to get pulled over by cops for saying its not legal to have it.

So the questions is,

Do you think its worth it? As for others saying go aftermarket. I dont want to get any of those cheap Hella's and Hella wana bees. I want to go OEM and nothing else.

I know Mike has mentioned you can get these for around 600, but you have to wait for a very long long time.

Anyways. Let me know
yes, MAC HID's are the way to go.....personaly i wouldn't put anything else but them.....i'd say wait a lil, find a deal on those (ebay has some) and get them....u def won't dissapointed

I can think of A LOT better things to drop that kind of scratch on. :rolleyes: wow.
mo_focus,Nov 20 2006, 12:42 PM Wrote:Is it worth the money? I want to have good lights, i drive a lot and nights and I would want something that is maintenance free(no changing bulbs every 2 months) and I dont want to get pulled over by cops for saying its not legal to have it.

So the questions is,

Do you think its worth it? As for others saying go aftermarket. I dont want to get any of those cheap Hella's and Hella wana bees. I want to go OEM and nothing else.

[right][snapback]216770[/snapback][/right]

YES they are worth the money! AND they are Ford made by HELLA

and if you want to go cheaper get the Hella projector's and get a HID kit for them and you will save around $400 -$500 and have the same light throw/quality without the Bling-bling of the Mach/SVT hids

Hella ford focus
im been thinking hid lately 2

+ i can get them at 950+ taxes too
Like anything else, spend the money, and get the goods the FIRST TIME.

$950 really isn't that bad of a price, since before the price jump they were around $300 per light.. but now the price of the adapter plugs you need went from $15 to over $80 (each) last time I heard.

You could also look at euro headlights (or the ST170 version).. they have a better light output than our stock headlights, but nothing beats an HID projector.
Great, when i went to order the lights, they guy is trying to give me the wrong ones, he is trying to give me the projectors for that much money.

Part number 2M5Z-13008-AA going for 1000.00 plus tax, this is the projectors and thats not what I wanted.

The one i want is the M-13008-F201, going for 1170$ and it takes about 4 weeks to get from US. this sucks

Does any one know where I can get the HID's faster and cheaper?
mo_focus,Nov 22 2006, 12:28 PM Wrote:The one i want is the M-13008-F201, going for 1170$ and it takes about 4 weeks to get from US. this sucks
Does any one know where I can get the HID's faster and cheaper?
[right][snapback]217029[/snapback][/right]

Not sure about faster, but a quick google found that part no. ^^ for $835USD which equates to roughly 935CAD.

PM me if you want help getting something across the border.