FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kinda Funny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a few days ago me and my friend were at a set of lights when a guy probably around 35-40 (so i figured he wouldnt do anything risky)[not to knock on the older guys .. he didnt seem like he was gonna try to race me] pulled up next to me ( he had a 3rd gen camaro with a v6 and a 5sp) .... now i drive a 2003 focus se with the spi and all i have done to it is a k&n cone filter(for now) ... so this guy decides to mash his camaro off the line ... i hear his tires squak so i let her have it lol even with my friend who is around 170-180 lbs (and a basically bone stock motor) i held this guy untill 100 ... (thats when i looked at my speedo. I am not into street racing but i did this for a joke, wich i thought "im gone loose for sure" (i didnt even hit WOT) but i took this guy with his cammy lol i have an 86 camaro and i would be ASHAMED if that happened lol!

If anyone has any funny stories please post em on here so we can get a thread goin lol!
the 3rd gen's v6's put out, at the most, 140HP and weighed in at over 3000lbs.

if it were a pre '85, those cars had about 100HP. about the same as what your car has.

So um, yeah....
I raced this guy in a corvette once, and I smoked the s*** out of him. He followed me into the gas station to know what was up.

Crazy.
Thunder47,Nov 20 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote:So a few days ago me and my friend were at  a set of lights when a guy probably around 35-40 (so i figured he wouldnt do anything risky)[not to knock on the older guys .. he didnt seem like he was gonna try to race me] pulled up next to me ( he had a 3rd gen camaro with a v6 and a 5sp) .... now i drive a 2003 focus se with the spi and all i have done to it is a k&n cone filter(for now) ... so this guy decides to mash his camaro off the line ... i hear his tires squak so i let her have it lol even with my friend who is around 170-180 lbs (and a basically bone stock motor) i held this guy untill 100 ... (thats when i looked at my speedo. I am not into street racing but i did this for a joke, wich i thought "im gone loose for sure" (i didnt even hit WOT) but i took this guy with his cammy lol i have an 86 camaro and i would be ASHAMED if that happened lol! 

If anyone has any funny stories please post em on here so we can get a thread goin lol!
[right][snapback]216753[/snapback][/right]

i beat 2 integra's (both my buddys) on hespler rd. at the same time cuz it has like 4 lanes
one was auto another stick
for some reason they don't say anything about focus's any more ;)

oh yea and i did that for fun.....not like i race or anything :rolleyes:
I can't say I've successfully raced anything with the SPI and won. Then again, that wasn't the reason I bought a 4-cyl with an auto in the first place. ;)

I've tangoed with and apparently slain a few other econoboxen, but I think that's just my ego talking.

Nice run, tho.
I raced a ferrari 430 once

.............that was on a flat bed
D-Dub,Nov 20 2006, 11: Wrote:I raced a  ferrari 430 once

[right][snapback]216823[/snapback][/right]

Haha, and I though you were gona say in PS2.
mo_focus,Nov 20 2006, 11:33 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Nov 20 2006, 11: Wrote:I raced a  ferrari 430 once

[right][snapback]216823[/snapback][/right]

Haha, and I though you were gona say in PS2.
[right][snapback]216829[/snapback][/right]

lol these are great keep em comin guys!