FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: E-bay Fraud?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

02ztsian

Just doing some e-Bay browsing and I came across a situation where I know a seller. Upon further snooping I see this person has created a new identity and has left positive feedback on his new identity from an old seller ID. The old seller turned sour and had a lot of negative feedback in the last months of existence. The question I have is what to do with this information? Report it to e-Bay? Call them on what I have found? Out them online? Keep my mouth shut?
02ztsian,Nov 17 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Just doing some e-Bay browsing and I came across a situation where I know a seller. Upon further snooping I see this person has created a new identity and has left positive feedback on his new identity from an old seller ID. The old seller turned sour and had a lot of negative feedback in the last months of existence. The question I have is what to do with this information? Report it to e-Bay? Call them on what I have found? Out them online? Keep my mouth shut?
[right][snapback]216453[/snapback][/right]

Safest action here would be report it to Ebay, let them deal with this, you shouldn't get involved unless you want to risk having your rating messed with by this charming sod...

With all the facts you point out above, by handing it over the Ebay it should be a done deal very quick.

NefCanuck
yes, def report that bastard

by the way you get a cookie for this one :D
Do us the favor of letting us know the ebay sellar id so we can avoid the idiot.
Fader

02ztsian

I did report it to e-Bay member services. I will not bring this person's name into the forum to avoid any bad blood.
Edit-this person is a FC member.
holy contraversy
whos says its BUNNY
DD1,Nov 17 2006, 06:31 PM Wrote:whos says its BUNNY
[right][snapback]216508[/snapback][/right]

Every time I see a rabbit, suddenly my wallet feels $40 lighter.
DD1,Nov 17 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:whos says its BUNNY
[right][snapback]216508[/snapback][/right]

x2 for bunny.
X3
ZX3guy2000,Nov 18 2006, 12:57 AM Wrote:X3
[right][snapback]216535[/snapback][/right]

x4 ---- especially if it's an X-box for sale.

02ztsian

Not bunny. The worst part was the negative feedback was for items people paid for but never received. Add that to the feedback scam and the fact that this person is selling Focus parts on e-bay but not on any Focus forums (a ready source of purchasers) raises all sorts of red flags.
ca_focus?
^^^he sucks for selling lol
but still a pretty good guy

it could be ZOOM he's the worst