FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Playing Nfs Carbon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first car so far:

[Image: th_CarbonCamaroSS.jpg]

Tier 1 almost everything, 21" wheels (pointless I know, but in a game who cares?), 25% drop. So far with a 2/3rds drift setup I'm smoking every race I've entered (not online).
is that a newer NFS that came out after NFS Most wanted?
Is it available for PC?

If it is, I'll have to save my Norton to a Disc, then remove it from my HD...in order to play it...as I get booted out of most wanted every time I try to load it. Even with my ethernet cable removed...

I looked at the demo stuff on the EA website last night, and I like the fact that there are a lot of Muscle cars on there, both old and new school...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 15 2006, 08:16 PM Wrote:Is it available for PC?

If it is, I'll have to save my Norton to a Disc, then remove it from my HD...in order to play it...as I get booted out of most wanted every time I try to load it.  Even with my ethernet cable removed...

I looked at the demo stuff on the EA website last night, and I like the fact that there are a lot of Muscle cars on there, both old and new school...
[right][snapback]216142[/snapback][/right]

Ive got it for 360. Its fun, but i think Most Wanted was better. Ive got to learn the tracks better for any online chance.
Ya it should be out for the PC. I may pick this game up in december when i'm done school but right now, i don't have the time to get addicted to another computer game.
I've been playing it on the PC for a little while, got to the 4th section of the city before I got distracted with the Scarface game again. The selection of cars is pretty good, but some of the muscle cars are just totally useless when you're sliding around every corner..

I have a problem with the game crashing a lot though, either before or after a race (never during).. I never had any problems running Most Wanted though.
guilty,Nov 15 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:I've been playing it on the PC for a little while, got to the 4th section of the city before I got distracted with the Scarface game again.  The selection of cars is pretty good, but some of the muscle cars are just totally useless when you're sliding around every corner..

I have a problem with the game crashing a lot though, either before or after a race (never during).. I never had any problems running Most Wanted though.
[right][snapback]216155[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, Carbon sounds like it'd be more to my taste, MW was too focused on the new machines IMO.

Regarding your crashing issue, you have any Norton software running on the system at all? That and outdated vid drivers are the two biggies I can think of off the top of my head...

NefCanuck
To tell you guys the truth I dont like Carbon that much. I beat the career mode within 12 hrs and you CANT drive every car in Career mode. For example you cant drive the Plymouth Road Runner in Career and you cant get the Chevelle until the very end (if you have a balance of 1 mil and complete all the tracks etc.) I think this game has some cool features and all, but EA did a s*** job of throwing it all together.

I'm actually more amazed with Underground 1 to tell you the honest truth. You cant customize headlights/tailights, you cant unlock every set of rim in career, you cant race all the cars in the game in career, and you dont unlock the good cars like the Lamborghini's, SLR Mclaren, 67' Shelby, Z06 etc till the final boss. I think Most Wanted was put together better than this game.

A good positive side to this game is the Canyon Races, drift etc. I think it could use more laps on the circuts, and maybe a drag race mode as well as knockout mode. I also found this game way to easy..... it wasnt even a challenge for me. I think EA had the right idea........ it's just a matter of putting it together correctly now.

Also, has anyone found the 07' Shelby GT500 yet? It's an official car on EA's webpage but I have not been able to unlock it yet.
yea i beat this in 2 days, overall its a fun game, but alot of the cars arent in career mode.
Yeah, my buddy beat it on 360 in no time... I'm still debating whether or not to get it on the Wii. My buddy said the game was high paced and ends much quicker than anyone would expect. Ah well, at least EB has half decent trade in value for this title (so far).
the Wii is hard to decide on at this point, the controls are either going to be really fun, or just really annoying.
i have to agree the drift was fun as hell
but game was way too easy to beat on 360
most wanted was a lil more challenging

oh well back to saints row for me i guess lol
It's easy when your muscle car is set for drifting... not stupid-easy like NFSU2, but easier than I thought. What I didn't like was the ability to tune the Camaro SS to corner more like a... well, a Focus or something. So drifting it was :D

I'm at 10% completion so far in a night, and that's with a lot of driving around challenging other crews... it seems short :(

It also seems like EA is really hyping the online s*** this time. I guess they haven't learned that Internet cred really doesn't matter :rolleyes:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 16 2006, 09:15 AM Wrote:tune the Camaro SS
[right][snapback]216244[/snapback][/right]

I must borrow this game from you... *drool*
Man I beat this game in a day... was a disapointment.

Was mildly fun.
I'm over 23% now for the career mode... Aka's right, this IS quick. I haaven't done the other Challenge modes or anything yet, though.

Plus, I always play through as each major class / style available... so that gives me exotics and tuners after this run. I could always class-hop, but I'll stick to each one for this game.

I just got the Challenger R/T last night... I can't believe that it's as fast or faster than my fully-tweaked Camaro SS while staying stock. :blink:
I just DL'ed this for X-box, haven't played it yet tho.

Yeah I got it, another classic NFS game..... graphics are better then Most Wanted..... if you like the NFS series, you'll like this game, basically continues on from the end of Most Wanted.....

Oh yeah, the one I am playing is the PC version.