FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm at work right now in my lab at Ottawa U, working on a presentation due in a few hours, and suddenly I feel very proud of the equipment that I get to use in my lab. It's pretty cool stuff. I work with VICON motion capture (the systems create motion capture for video games, movies, etc.)

Anyways, I came across a pretty cool video giving examples of the stuff that the VICON system can do, and I thought you all might be interested in seeing it, seeing as how a lot of you are gamers, movie watchers, etc.

So... if you have a minute or two, spare one to see how all of your interesting games/movies are created!

VICON

02SVTSEDAN

ZX5chica,Nov 15 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:So I'm at work right now in my lab at Ottawa U, working on a presentation due in a few hours, and suddenly I feel very proud of the equipment that I get to use in my lab. It's pretty cool stuff. I work with VICON motion capture (the systems create motion capture for video games, movies, etc.)

Anyways, I came across a pretty cool video giving examples of the stuff that the VICON system can do, and I thought you all might be interested in seeing it, seeing as how a lot of you are gamers, movie watchers, etc.

So... if you have a minute or two, spare one to see how all of your interesting games/movies are created!

VICON
[right][snapback]216050[/snapback][/right]

Thats hot - Marry me!
Oh ya Good Luck! ;)
what are you exactly taking?

thats some interesting stuff your taking.
damn it now i have to download quicktime.
FocusGuy7476,Nov 15 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:what are you exactly taking?

thats some interesting stuff your taking.
[right][snapback]216064[/snapback][/right]

My background is in kinesiology and movement science. So I am taking sensorimotor neuroscience. It looks at movement problems that happen, and indirectly implies which brain areas are involved with these movements, based on working with various patient populations.

I work specifically with Parkinsons' patients and I look at their control of posture and balance, as well as the initiation of movement.

There are tons of really cool experiments that are going on in the lab, and in fact my supervisor won the Nobel Ig last year for quirky science in physics by demonstrating how we hula hoop.

If you are interested in seeing more stuff, our lab webpage is
Sensorimotor neuroscience