FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some People
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I park my car at six o'clock on the street in front of my house and go back out at eight to find somone had hit my mirror taking a piece out ouf it and almost ripping it off. The kicker they didn't even stop to leave a note. Now i have a f***ed up mirror on a car with barely 11,000 km on it. :angry:
That sucks, I had a guy hit my mirror while I was driving. Funny story though he didn't stop!! I had to chase him down and he eventually got so scared he pulled into the cop station where the cop then said it was all his fault!!
Haha I would have chased the little bugger down too.

As for you mirror problem, I dont think they are very cheap to replace, depending on Manual or Auto and if you get them at the Stealership or not. Check Ebay first, I know they sell OEM mirrors on there.
After the last few cosmetic mods I did to my car, it got hit outside of my gf's building in East York less than a month later...the left fender has some damage on it, which i think I won't bother having fixed until the spring, along with a few other bits and peices.

I'm keeping this car for the long haul now...gonna fully customize it the way I want...still got some more euro bits I want for it...

I'd just got to http://www.zx3tuning.com or http://www.european-parts.net and find some OEM ford mirrors with colourmatched covers on them...best time to upgrade stuff on your car is AFTER it's been damaged, and you NEED the stuff fixed...

Good Luck!
is this something insurance would cover?

oh, and have you filed a police report?
if you need a replacement the scrap yards are the best for getting a replacement as all 2000 - 2007 focus mirrors are in-changable if you have the heated mirrors you'll be looking for a 2003+
insurance isn't worth it my decutable is to high and icbc will use it as an excuse to steal from me more. as for police the cops here are useless for stuff like this especially cause i have no idea who did it. i think i might take this oppurtunity to upgrade them
yea thats happen to me too, parked my car right infront of the door to a billard place, i come out 2 hours later driver side mirror was hanging off of the adjuster cable, damn drunks.
I replaced my passenger mirror last year after a nasty run in with my garage door frame at -25*C. I picked up a new one from the dealer for about $100 with taxes (electric mirror - manual might be more/less).

Ryan
That really sucks....