FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Replacement Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, was wondering if ZX3 tuning has replacement seats for the ZX3 (1st gen). My original seats are both broken (tipping handles ripped off both seats, and only have the side ones, which won't actuate the single motion anymore).

Wonder if you guys have Sparco or Bride seats, etc, and what sort of pricing you would offer if you did. I can't seem to find any ZX3 seats on ebay or car-part.com, that are the same colour and insert type, etc.

Any advice would be great!
I have some stock seats from a 2002 focus, they are the 2 tone grey and are in good condition.

Let me know.
im lookin for some sort of racing seats as well.

ebay has nice looking products, but ive heard that the quality is suuuuuub-par
Great prices and I love mine...

http://www.streetimports.com

where are they located?

and pics?
Flofocus,Nov 14 2006, 04:06 PM Wrote:Great prices and I love mine...

http://www.streetimports.com
[right][snapback]215980[/snapback][/right]

the ones that you have...are they real leather or fake leather?
cuz there's a big difference in price there
they have all 3 options
cloth, fake leather, and leather.

im just trying to find seats that are comfrotable.
PerfectSaiyan,Nov 15 2006, 10:05 PM Wrote:they have all 3 options
cloth, fake leather, and leather.

im just trying to find seats that are comfrotable.
[right][snapback]216190[/snapback][/right]

i wouyld go either cloth or real leather
located in Ottawa

Fake leather.....I saw both, didnt see a dif in material.

My dogs run around on these seats, there not small dogs, the have weight on em, and claws...no problems whasoever. Its funny when I go into the store and keep the car running...Husky in the passenger seat, pitbull in driver. :lol: Seats have been taking their abuse for the past year quite well.

yes, but how are they for the long drives, any lower back pain?

and which set did you choose?
PerfectSaiyan,Nov 16 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:yes, but how are they for the long drives, any lower back pain?

and which set did you choose?
[right][snapback]216267[/snapback][/right]

Ronin style....

I dont think any aftermarket seat I've personally been in have been more comfy than the stockers. I've sat in the cheapo APC stuff and the nice recaro stuff. Obviously the recaro's were sweet and comfy (these seats are inbetween), but still found the stockers more comfortable. These seats really hold you in place though. Its a trade off...just like anything aftermarket on cars. Its like saying you want a stock ride feeling when you go with lowering springs...aint gonna happen.

for the price I paid, I cant complain. I can keep an eye on the local boards here as these seats go on for sale for cheap. $300 cheap. Buyer beware message: The supplied brackets will not fit.

I haven't had any back pain on a 4 hour trip to Toronto, thats pretty much the longest Ive gone with these seats....but I would take my Accord on long trips anyways. :P Much more comfortable and more room!

[Image: DSCF2254.jpg]

Ronin vs stock
[Image: DSCF2250.jpg]
Do your seats tilt and all that good stuff same as the stock ones? I want seats that will tilt AND slide forward at the same time if I want/need them to...
They do, but ala VW style. (Round knob that you turn)

The brackets is what will make the seats slide, I have spearco (I think??) brackets specifically made for the focus. I bought them used but Im sure they were close to $300 new for the pair.
ouch, so after spending the money on them I will have to buy the sliders?

if you go to corbeau sliders, they are $99 each, so I guess I will have to wait a bit longer =/
PerfectSaiyan,Nov 18 2006, 04:43 AM Wrote:ouch, so after spending the money on them I will have to buy the sliders?

if you go to corbeau sliders, they are $99 each, so I guess I will have to wait a bit longer =/
[right][snapback]216544[/snapback][/right]

Hate to tell you this but your gonna be buying brackets regardless unless your buying recaro focus specific seats....but then your looking at $1000/seat. They better directly bolt in for that price. :P
yeah and thosr EAP recaros are ridiculoudly expensive.

at least with corbeau brackets you can buy low or high brackets