FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i recently got into an accident and i think my car is wrote off, i am waiting for insurance to get back to me with an offer. I am just wondering what they should be comming with.. i was drivin a 2000 focus SE... does anyone have an idea on what i should be gettin back from them??
Well I think that would be hard to tell without photos of the car, and mileage. I am sure that there are some people here that have had a similar model Focus that would be able to get you into the ballpark but as to an exact figure, your going to have to wait on the insurance.
Somewhere around 5K from insurance. Depending on the engine and options, maybe more, maybe less.
i had the 2.0 L split port and there was about 87000 km on the car
Well I'm glad your ok after the accident. If you're planning on getting another focus you should consider the accident a blessing that way you can get rid of the POS SPI engine and get a Zetec engine.

BTW welcome to the site.
with that milage and a basic SE sedan with nothing in it, 5K and with options up to 8K if your really lucky, if they don't fix it, but being over 6 years old insurance companys usually will more then likely right it off unless it's under 3K to fix it.
yeah i am planning on gettin another focus. i like the sedans.. im hopping to get somewhere around 6K for it. anyone know where i could find the blue book value??
Well talked with insurance today they are giving me $7300 but with deductable i will get $6300 i guess thats not to bad
tippmann,Nov 14 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Well talked with insurance today they are giving me $7300 but with deductable i will get $6300 i guess thats not to bad
[right][snapback]215982[/snapback][/right]
I take it the accident was your fault?
i guess you can say that and insurance will look at it like it is.. guy infront of me on qew decided to hit his breaks on an open hwy doing 120