FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stupid Computer Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Hey guys,

I've got a very simple, pretty stupid computer question:

I'm by no means a Mac guy, but will a USB memory stick work on PC or Mac?
01-yellow-ZX3,Nov 9 2006 Wrote:Hey guys,

I've got a very simple, pretty stupid computer question:

I'm by no means a Mac guy, but will a USB memory stick work on PC or Mac?
[right][snapback]215340[/snapback][/right]
Definitely a PC, but I think one will work on either.
so long as the mac has a USB port on it :P

they make it pretty simple to use.

Of course, don't take that as word that anything you put on a memory stick from a mac will read properly on a PC and vise versa
if its formatted fat/fat32 it should be fine, as long as all ur putting on it is documents, and not applications or executable files.
This might sound silly... but just make sure that you have the MAC software to be able to open (this shouldn't be a problem, because macs seem to be able to recognize any file type) and edit the file (this requires actual software)....

I have no problem transferring USB files between my PC at the office and the Mac at the bfs... just as long as I'm not asking the Mac to open acrobat files. For any microsoft office application, I have no problem opening/editing.

Hope this helps :)
I don't see why the stick would be formatted anything other than FAT/FAT32, so as noted above... you should be fine.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:I don't see why the stick would be formatted anything other than FAT/FAT32, so as noted above... you should be fine.
[right][snapback]215371[/snapback][/right]

you can format it to HFS+, possibly even Unix File System too
It will work.
paolo,Nov 10 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:I don't see why the stick would be formatted anything other than FAT/FAT32, so as noted above... you should be fine.
[right][snapback]215371[/snapback][/right]

you can format it to HFS+, possibly even Unix File System too
[right][snapback]215378[/snapback][/right]

But for what she's doing? Highly unlikely.