FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Procharger Sc On Duratec?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So has anyone done or know of anyone that has done a PC SC retro fit of the Zetec SC on the Duratec motor???
I have been thinking of building the top part of my motor to get the gain in power along with getting a Cosworth Intake Manifold. But that would still leave me under powered. So I figured I could try to rig up a retro fit of a SC.
[Image: focus_uhLG.jpg]

Tell me what you think???
I like it.
Perhaps if you're doing the fitting and fabrication yourself ... but if you have to pay a pro to do that I think you're better off looking for a turbo that's been designed for the engine.
True
if you don't wanna go turbo, just spray it ;)
To me SC isn't worth the price for the gains. Especially since a SC robs HP from your engine to get it working. Turbo is the way to go if anything. Then you gotta worry about your tranny since you have an ATX platform. Unless you're going low boost.
tetra,Oct 15 2009, 01:37 PM Wrote:To me SC isn't worth the price for the gains. Especially since a SC robs HP from your engine to get it working. Turbo is the way to go if anything. Then you gotta worry about your tranny since you have an ATX platform. Unless you're going low boost.
[right][snapback]296103[/snapback][/right]

The old S/C vs Turbo debate...lol..each application has its own benefits and drawbacks.

However for the purpose of thsi thread a turbo is the way to go.

Figured
Man I want one so bad.. But I can't justify spending on both turbo and Lentech tranny, it's just way too much. But Randy over as FS said he has clients that ran the Stage 2 turbo at 9psi on a stock ATX tranny and no complaints.

So don't know..
Ya the ATX would just need the upgraded torque converter and bigger spline gears to handle the power. But they are only dreams right now....
wait for f2, they say they will have the kit fitted and tuned to the duratec by the american thanks giving. im following the thread on [FJ] and it looks like it will be a nice peice. they are working with kraftwerks on it. almost same set up on the MZR 2.3 made like 180 ish whp on 4.5 PSI and is CARB approved aswell, thats with stock manifold on car.

they are going to offer up to stage 3 for it and it will likely be pushing some pretty nice numbers. it is a rotrex centrifugal super charger, no whine and really good efficiency. nice units IMO

check it out for yourself
Link... need a link. FJ is no my Forte lol
Scorcher000,Oct 15 2009, 02:59 PM Wrote:Link... need a link. FJ is no my Forte lol
[right][snapback]296111[/snapback][/right]

F2 on FJ re Duratec Supercharger
Hmm, so that looks ATX safe..
I wonder what they will be asking for it.. I just posted in there asking if it should be safe for stock ATX. This could be a great way to get some power since I can't even get cams.
GFXjamie,Oct 15 2009, 02:55 PM Wrote:wait for f2, they say they will have the kit fitted and tuned to the duratec by the american thanks giving. im following the thread on [FJ] and it looks like it will be a nice peice. they are working with kraftwerks on it. almost same set up on the MZR 2.3 made like 180 ish whp on 4.5 PSI and is CARB approved aswell, thats with stock manifold on car.

they are going to offer up to stage 3 for it and it will likely be pushing some pretty nice numbers. it is a rotrex centrifugal super charger, no whine and really good efficiency. nice units IMO

check it out for yourself
[right][snapback]296109[/snapback][/right]

Is F2 going to have that out before or after the long awaited Duratec Turbo setup? :lol:
Don't they have that Duratec turbo out already?
Anyways, Stage 1 will be ATX safe for stock. As is Stage 1 or Stage 2 (9psi) for FSWerks.
If she breaks, then she breaks... Put a manual in. But I'd like to know how they know a Stock ATX wouldn't work. have then actually tested on at high power or are they just running the numbers.
tetra,Oct 15 2009, 03:44 PM Wrote:Don't they have that Duratec turbo out already?
[right][snapback]296116[/snapback][/right]

Kit is setup. However they are still testing Turbos. See on their website:

http://www.f2usa.com/138/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=1668

it'd sure be interesting if they did come out with a SC for the duratec..its been all talk for so many years now. if they did however and it is ATX safe...i would still upgrade the torque converter/valve body and the first set of clutch packs. least thats what i've read should be done.