FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Compaq Presario 3000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to sell one of my laptops... a Compaq Presario 3000.

It comes with an AMD Athlon 64 bit CPU, Windows XP, USB, DVD, WiFi, Bluetooth, firewire, etc... Nvidia graphics, and a fresh 160GB HDD (at the time of this writing, it's one day old).

I just replaced the HDD in the machine and figure now's a good time to part ways.

The software installed -- factory fresh as it were include
- Windows XP home edition SP3 and all latest fixes
- AVG antivirus 8.0 free edition
- Open Office

All software has been professionally installed from scratch.

included with the lappy are a laptop bag, manuals, recovery CD.

A fantastic 1st laptop for a teenager, or a decent media machine for those on the go...

I'm asking $300 or best, reasonable offer... will provide receipt for the HDD for warranty purposes.

The battery on this laptop has not been charged/discharged often -- so is also in decent shape.

Since this was the laptop I used to tune my focus, it's seen a little bit of garage time, and has a couple of scratches on the case from use.. everything inside is otherwise in pristine condition.

will post pics a little later.

Do you know the exact specs for the nVidia graphics chip? (Thinking about this as a "first laptop" for my mom, whose never had a computer before, don't want to spend a lot on it if she's never gonna end up using it much)

NefCanuck
hey dan, i'll grab ya the specs when I get home tonight.... it'll choke on crysis, but should be able to do quake 3.... which your mom may or may not play.
darkpuppet,Oct 15 2009, 11:39 AM Wrote:hey dan, i'll grab ya the specs when I get home tonight.... it'll choke on crysis, but should be able to do quake 3.... which your mom may or may not play.
[right][snapback]296096[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Actually if it could do GTA III she might wanna use that for "stress relief" :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 15 2009, 01:35 PM Wrote::lol: Actually if it could do GTA III she might wanna use that for "stress relief" :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]296102[/snapback][/right]

Your mom is cool. B)
ok, the nvidia chipset is the nVidia GeForce4 440 Go 64mb

GeForce4 440 Go Fill Rate: 880 million texels/sec.
GPU Core Clock: 220 MHz
Memory Clock: 220 MHz
Memory Bandwidth: 6.4GB/sec.

not the newest or fanciest, but pretty decent as far as laptops go.

and what the lappy looks like..

[Image: DSC_0023.jpg]
Oh one other dumb question.

How much memory is in the thing? The specs I've found, assuming it is the same machine (lists as a V3000 on review sites) say 512MB stock.

NefCanuck
yup, it has 512... if you want, ican upgrade it to 1gb for 30 bucks or to 1.5gb for 50.... or you can do it later. it takes 200 pin SODIMM DDR333 (PC2700).
What's the actual battery runtime like?
I let it run out -- it lasted about 2.5 hours, playing back a movie over the network.