FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gear Of Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you have an xbox360 ,you have to get this game B)
I have been waiting for it for awhile, damn girlfriend won't let me get it before christmas though. lol.
The graphics are insane, the controls even better.
I cant wait, i pick up my copy after work today.
I saw that one in the store today, also can't wait to get COD 3 and fear.
Im gonna pick up COD3 very soon, so Gears of War are also under consideration?
I'm sorta impressed by it.

I've been busy with NHL07, GT4 for the PS2 and I have Marvel: Ultimate Alliance installed and waiting on the PC. What I've played so far of it is AMAZING.
Mike Rudat,Nov 8 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:I have been waiting for it for awhile, damn girlfriend won't let me get it before christmas though. lol.
[right][snapback]215127[/snapback][/right]

Well, we can see where that's leading.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r: :P

I don't have the X-box, but that sure looks like a game I'd love.

S.
must

hold

out

for

Playstation

three....
You could always just buy an xbox from micro.... :ph34r:
darkpuppet,Nov 9 2006, 11:42 AM Wrote:must

hold

out

for

Playstation

three....
[right][snapback]215251[/snapback][/right]

If you haven't preordered DP, you'll be waiting until mid '07 based on what I'm reading/hearing. I'm not in any hurry but I will pick one up later on in '07 once the hysteria has died down (as will have the prices)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 9 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:[quote=darkpuppet,Nov 9 2006, 11:42 AM]must

hold

out

for

Playstation

three....
[right][snapback]215251[/snapback][/right]

XBOX360 is a better deal right now, plus its the software that sells the hardware not the opposite(sony think) B)
while gears of war looks interesting, the xbox360 won't have it's killer app for me until Halo 3.

But the PS3.. well, it doesn't have much going for it either... Resistance: Fall of man... + my existing library of PS2 games :P

the guy at my shop knows I want one, the numbers were only slightly higher for the PS2 and he had one for me the morning of Day 2 when I went to pick it up.

But I can actually wait until after christmas this time 'round too... I'm too busy with work right now to play videogames anyways (makin' money, not spendin' it).
M: UA... way too addictive. It's crack in a DVD. I'm really impressed. It should be good on the PS2 too, Puppet.
Just downloaded and burned a working copy of Gears or War and Call of Duty 3. Any one looking for help with firmware modding on your xbox 360 I can help walk you through or at least point you in the right direction.

I modded the xbox on Monday night and have since downloaded and burned: NBA 2k7, Test Drive Unlimited, Tiger Woods 07, MotoGp 06, Ridge Racer 6, Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, Far Cry Unlimited, Just Cause, Marvel Utlimate Alliance, and Fight Night Round 3.

Its honestly very hard for me to justify buying games when its soo damn easy to get them for free.
Can you still get on XBL?
scoobasteve,Nov 9 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:Can you still get on XBL?
[right][snapback]215294[/snapback][/right]

Yes as for now Microsoft is not banning.... and the firmware mod is completely reversible... If they do start to ban for modified firmware, you simply re-flash with a backup of your original firmware and voila: your back to stock.

Once the modchips and homebrew start becoming commonplace is when youll see microsoft drop the ban hammer. I honestly think that masterminds behind XBL are more concerened with cheating (modchips) than they are with playing back-ups, simply for fact they are trying to provide everyone with a fair experience when using live.
yea its a great game. graphics are great but controls could be better
lordkingod,Nov 9 2006, 05:40 PM Wrote:Just downloaded and burned a working copy of Gears or War and Call of Duty 3. Any one looking for help with firmware modding on your xbox 360 I can help walk you through or at least point you in the right direction.

I modded the xbox on Monday night and have since downloaded and burned: NBA 2k7, Test Drive Unlimited, Tiger Woods 07, MotoGp 06, Ridge Racer 6, Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, Far Cry Unlimited, Just Cause, Marvel Utlimate Alliance, and Fight Night Round 3.

Its honestly very hard for me to justify buying games when its soo damn easy to get them for free.
[right][snapback]215293[/snapback][/right]

lordkingod,Nov 9 2006, 05:53 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Nov 9 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:Can you still get on XBL?
[right][snapback]215294[/snapback][/right]

Yes as for now Microsoft is not banning.... and the firmware mod is completely reversible... If they do start to ban for modified firmware, you simply re-flash with a backup of your original firmware and voila: your back to stock.

Once the modchips and homebrew start becoming commonplace is when youll see microsoft drop the ban hammer. I honestly think that masterminds behind XBL are more concerened with cheating (modchips) than they are with playing back-ups, simply for fact they are trying to provide everyone with a fair experience when using live.
[right][snapback]215295[/snapback][/right]

I'm definatley tempted to do it... do you know of any sites that i can research this stuff on?
I can email you the firmware since its a pain to get your hands on unless your on xbins, and here are some links for you to research:

All your really doind is opening up the 360 and editing the firmware on the dvd-drive to tell it its ok to read burnt media. The basic procedure is this:

- Open up the 360 so you can access the dvd drive

- Attach a sata cable from you PC to the xbox (you need a motherboard with sata or a pci sata card)

- Boot up the pc to DOS prompt using a floppy disc, then copy the firmware off of the dvd drive to the floppy using a flash program (different depending on which dvd drive you have Toshiba or Hitachi)

- Boot your PC back up into windows, edit the firmware by plugging in some numbers (this process if for the most part automated)

- Then boot you pc back up to DOS using the same floppy re-flash your new edited firmware over the old firmare.

- Disconnect and reassemble the xbox 360 and your done

- Plays original and backed-up games like butter.... It even works with live.

Here are the best link I can find... and remember I can email you all the software necessary:

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/xbox360...tutorialv13.pdf

and for all the information you could ever need check out http://www.xbox-scene.com (specifically the Tutorials and Forums tabs on the header of the page)

Pages: 1 2