FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'd Be Killing People
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Poor rich bastard... my heart goes out
hardk0re,Nov 8 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:Poor rich bastard... my heart goes out
[right][snapback]215095[/snapback][/right]

X2
Thats brutal.
I would of been pissed out of my mind...even if it was my focus that cost like 5k. I couldn't even start to image a Lotus..
I wonder if it's even safe to drive anymore. That's disgusting how such a stupid mistake could happen.
euro_zx5,Nov 8 2006, 12:13 PM Wrote:I wonder if it's even safe to drive anymore. That's disgusting how such a stupid mistake could happen.
[right][snapback]215109[/snapback][/right]

Well if its not safe to drive, that just means he'll be getting a new car. It would pain me to see that happen to any car, let alone a much rarer and nicer care like that one.

Needs more wheelie bar.
:blink: I feel real bad for that guy, I would go nuts.
I wish I had this guy's problems.

oh noes! my fully paid off $60,000 car fell off a lift and will be fully repaired at the shop's expense, so now I have to take the $80,000 porsche instead!

BOO HOO!

<insert violinist here>
x2
To be honest, the calmest moment of my life would be the moment that guy is going through... sure, it's a pain, and a nice car got ruined, but considering the following:
a ) nobody got hurt
b ) it's not his fault
c ) someone else is liable, and the clincher,
d ) the responsible party is fully capable of replacing the damaged goods.

besides wanting to scream out, "I KNEW YOU'D F*** IT UP!!! I KNEW IT!!", it'd be a very zen-like moment if I walked into the shop with my car hanging off the lift.

"soooooooooo..... hey... that sucks.... I'm going for a pint before I go order the new car..."
Ya, no way that's going on his dime.

02SVTSEDAN

Wow...Just WOW! :o
Looks as if they put it on a 2 post in ground hydraulic hoist. Those are not the safest at the best of times. But to put a new Lotus on one to change some tires is just crazy. Last time I checked a car only needed to be 1" off the ground to get the wheels off.

Poor Lotus.
Something kind of like that happened when I brought in my 76 F100 for new tires. They let the new kid drive it, unfortunately the new kid wasn't used to a pwerful vehicle (460 bored 30 over over, had about 435HP) and put it off the end of the lift and into the tool boxes etc. They called me, I thought they were done, they'd just got it pulled off the lift when I pulled in the parking lot. The owner of the shop came walking over and said they'd had difficulty with it. I just turned around and got back in my dad's truck and we drove away, not a word. I went back an hour later with my camera and took pic's of the entire place including the patch the kid laid all the way up the ramps. He came over to apologize and I just said in an almost whisper to "Go the f*** away." They paid for everything but I never felt it was the same again after that.
Yup, it's unfortunate that his car w as damaged (as it is for anyone), but "oh noes I have to take the Porsche instead". :rolleyes: :lol:
Update from the site says that insurance has totaled it... New Elise ftw!

Ryan
I can't look at that one anymore. Here's a nice one that was going around Cayuga.

[Image: DSC00189.jpg]
reldridge,Nov 11 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:Update from the site says that insurance has totaled it... New Elise ftw!

Ryan
[right][snapback]215544[/snapback][/right]

read that this morning

i couldnt see it not getting written off
Pages: 1 2