FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealership Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright... so, the dealership wars begin...

I brought my car in today for the 10 K service (the odometer read 10104 as I pulled into the dealership)... I asked them to take a look at the rear shocks and to re-align my rear door which somehow no longer fit into the frame of the car...

So, they fix the alignment issues, and call me at work to tell me that now I need to get a four wheel alignment, that my steering wheel is completely off. WTF I say... so I ask for a further explanation.

Well... history has it that I had complained about an issue previously that could be related to this whole alingment issue... and nothing was done about it. And now, they're telling me that because my car is over 10K km, they won't cover a re-alignment service under my new car warranty plan (which I might add should cover till 60K kms).... b*llsh&t I say.

And then, to add insult to injury, I'm looking at the actual service print-out that they provide me with... and the frigging odometer reading that they recorded was 10 586... wtf, yet again... where did they get that number? Knowing full well that without the 'scheduled maintenance' followed to a T that warranty privileges can be revoked at any time... So I ask them to change the mileage on their hard copy version of my service report... so they write it in pencil, not on the actual report...

Did I just have a bad day and I'm worrying too much about this, or should I turn tigress and get somebody in the frigging service department to pay attention to me instead of laughing me off as 'just another girl driver'??
I'd certainly be questioning that odo reading issue, but short of you having a picture of the odo reading with a date and time stamp on it, that'll get you nowhere except closer to an ulcer I fear :(

"Could be related"? THAT I'd jump on, esp. if you did mention it and they sloughed you off (Now if you mentioned it and took the car back at the time because they were too busy and never brought it back in... that might be a problem...)

NefCanuck
1) You said that you complained about the alignment before. Was it at your 5000k oil change? Check to see if it was noted on your previous work order.

2) Do you have more than 10500 on the odemeter yet? If not, take a pic of it, with a timestamp. If you don't, use today's newspaper in the pic.

PM me your VIN, I can look up your OASIS and see if I can see anything.
cambell ford?
ya 4 real where did u bring it in for service?
Donnelly's on bank street... where I bought the car!!

I spoke with my dad, and he says that I really need to jump on this right away, and the lady I dealt with from the service department won't return my calls... so, I think a phone call to the Ford Canada service line might be in order...

I'm more concerned with the fact that they now have on file that I need an 'alignment', and if it doesn't get done stat, they might have grounds with which they can refuse further warranty claims, because the issue wasn't addressed. Also, the mileage things irks me, because I know that if they recall my service records further on, and I need something warrantied, they might say "Oh, no wait a minute, you waited too long before getting your 10K km service, you weren't sticking to the maintenance guidelines... essentially, you snooze you loose, we're not going to cover you anymore."
Just so you know....calling FOC does nothing other than put a note that you called, thats it.

I stopped calling FOC after the second or third year of ownership realising it does fawk all.
Calling FOC does work. It did for me.

As for the odometer reading...not sure it;s whole lot to worry about. It's 400 km's not a big deal. As for the previous complaint about the alignment...do you have any previous paper work from it???

Keeing your paper work is key in these situations.
ANTHONYD,Nov 8 2006, 12:44 PM Wrote:Keeing your paper work is key in these situations.
[right][snapback]215126[/snapback][/right]
Go ahead. Just post it.

You know you want to... :lol:
ANTHONYD,Nov 8 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:Calling FOC does work. It did for me.

Curious, what did they do for you?
Flofocus,Nov 8 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 8 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:Calling FOC does work. It did for me.

Curious, what did they do for you?
[right][snapback]215136[/snapback][/right]

Extended bumper to bumper warranty. 120k
bah, I already had that :P
Its funny if you actually read your maitntenance guide the only services that are required are every 10k . I was told by my previous service manager to never tell any customers that and if they ask just to tell them that we live in harsh operating conditions. Really harsh operating conditions are for taxis and police cars, and cars that do alot of stop and go city driving. I know there is alot of traffic in ottawa but not enough to justify voiding your waranty for going over by a couple of hundred kilometers. Thats all. Its still really recomended to get your servicing done every 5 k but you have to remember that in the FORD MOTOR COMPANY published book it only says, (recomeneded) . You might just want to go right to the service manager about the allignment issue, it might be the only way to get anything done. If they tell you that there isnt a way to correct the rear toe , let me know and I could explain how to do it. Just did it on my car at 40k. Only takes two new nuts and about an hours worth of grinding and adjusting. Fixes focus tire wear though.
dont quote me or anything but im pretty sure the first 20,000km/1st year is covered for alignment issues.

hence why there recommended every 20,000km or year
Ya you are right. 1 yesr or twenty k
See... the dealership is telling me that an alignment is not covered... I was under the impression that issues like these were...

And then another lady said that they were only covered till 10K km, and since my car was at 10586, it wasn't covered... and I said, so here's the problem, the car isn't at that mileage...

It's just one big circle that I keep running in. I think I might just scrap dealing with that dealership from now on, and bring my business somewhere else.
Did you get my last PM?
Above and beyond any advice from the guys that have dealt with the dealers in your area / have had this happen to them before, I'd recommend:

- Tracking down all paperwork on the car since you got it brand new, including past services, maintenance, oil changes and recalls.

- Making a list of dealers with shuttle service within a 1/2 hour drive of your area.

- Approaching those dealers and seeing what their service policies are like, what their range of shuttling customers is, any special stipulations or restrictions.

After all that wonderful legwork is done, switch dealers for servicing. There are better ones out there for sure.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 9 2006, 08:02 AM Wrote:Above and beyond any advice from the guys that have dealt with the dealers in your area / have had this happen to them before, I'd recommend:

- Tracking down all paperwork on the car since you got it brand new, including past services, maintenance, oil changes and recalls.

- Making a list of dealers with shuttle service within a 1/2 hour drive of your area.

- Approaching those dealers and seeing what their service policies are like, what their range of shuttling customers is, any special stipulations or restrictions.

After all that wonderful legwork is done, switch dealers for servicing. There are better ones out there for sure.
[right][snapback]215213[/snapback][/right]

Paperwork tracking is easy, because the car had 12 kms on it when I took it for the first test drive... and bought it that day. It's been in for both of the Ford scheduled maintenances since then (5 and 10 K kms), with only three warranty issues covered to date.

I think I just might switch dealers...

For those in the Ottawa area, which Ford dealer would you recommend?
I went from campbell to Rockland Ford. Rockland Ford is simply amazing for service, but also 1/2 hour from downtown Ottawa. :huh:
Pages: 1 2