FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Recognize This Zx5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not Sure if this is a repost but i saw this and i thought id post it:

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...74&adid=5520628
what puppet was pushin to wheels anyway?

02SVTSEDAN

ZX3_2NV,Nov 5 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:Im not Sure if this is a repost but i saw this and i thought id post it:

[right][snapback]214746[/snapback][/right]

I fell apon this car looking for a beater!...Good buy but the motor wont last long with that kind of boost..Trust me I went throw a motor with the same type of boost and lets just say I had fun till she died..
If you are going to buy this car you need to sink in some more money for stronger internals like the SVT Focus or just buying aftermarket Valves,Cylinders etc. And don't forget fuel delivery and tuning..

Cheers,
02SVTSEDAN,Nov 6 2006, 12:51 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Nov 5 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:Im not Sure if this is a repost but i saw this and i thought id post it:

[right][snapback]214746[/snapback][/right]

I fell apon this car looking for a beater!...Good buy but the motor wont last long with that kind of boost..Trust me I went throw a motor with the same type of boost and lets just say I had fun till she died..
If you are going to buy this car you need to sink in some more money for stronger internals like the SVT Focus or just buying aftermarket Valves,Cylinders etc. And don't forget fuel delivery and tuning..

Cheers,
[right][snapback]214755[/snapback][/right]

The motor on this car held up pretty well when DP owned it. I think the motor was the least of the problems. I'm sure DP would attest to that. Unless the price has come down from what the originally wanted for it, its really not that great a buy.
The bird crap on the hood is a nice touch. :lol:

I would buy it, if I had the money.
wow, they should of mentioned it was in one of the TV car shows as well.

What is the asking price anyways?

and DP how much did you trade that thing for in the first place?
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 6 2006, 07:28 AM Wrote:The bird crap on the hood is a nice touch.  :lol:

I would buy it, if I had the money.
[right][snapback]214760[/snapback][/right]

WE Wouldn't let you.
02SVTSEDAN,Nov 6 2006, 12:51 AM Wrote:I fell apon this car looking for a beater!...Good buy but the motor wont last long with that kind of boost..Trust me I went throw a motor with the same type of boost and lets just say I had fun till she died..

Cheers,

HUH?

I don't think you were looking at the right link or something.

That car was my car, boosted to 9PSI, at a very safe 11.9 A/F ratio (yes, there's even a wideband O2 in that car)... the tune is conservatively safe...

The last dyno I had it on, it pushed out 191WHP and 180FT-LBs running on a bad MAF (so I find out later) @ about 11.5:1 a/f... that car should be safely making close to 200WHP... on a stock exhaust no less.

The only noise the car makes is the supercharger whine, and I loved it that way... especially considering how much attention the body kit got from the fart can crowd... this car was faster than the speed of *FFRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPP*.

I see they washed the engine bay... hope they didn't get too much water in the ball-o-wire distribution block the Tuner Transformation guys put in. This is the same ball of wire DaSilva Racing and Steeda both refused to touch.

Anyways, the car runs pretty darn good... the buyer should first be aware of all the maintenance required for maintaining the supercharger, as well as the brakes (which may have a broken retaining clip so the pads will grind/squeel and wear somewhat unevenly --thank you KVR!).

Not to mention that the supercharger install was basically done wrong as well as the body kit...
The TT guys couldn't buy a clue to save their lives unfortunately, and the list is long on stuff that I am not happy with on that car (and hence why I dumped it)... someone who's got time and money to spend.. well, the car would be worth it... but it won't come cheaply.

nice things about the car..

all leather
power sun roof
advance trac traction control

bad things..
every bolt/clip holding the bumper on is stripped or broken
huge gaping hole drilled in hatch for rear wing which wasn't required.. looks hideous... ugh
power steering return line was cut wrong and patched together with a hose clamp... it doesn't leak, but it ain't pretty either.
tune could use a bit more work on the idle air control valve to improve driveability.
ball-o-wire distribution block under hood
water intercooler is powered by accessories - not just 'run'
front brakes grind and squeel
alarm's proximity warn away will wear battery down if left undriven too long
battery is behind bumper under headlight.
headlights are held in by 1 bolt and 1 stripped bolt-clip each
air intake at bumper level... sometimes the flexhose would work loose if the dealership was working on it or something.. hasn't been a problem the last couple years tho..

things I fixed...
installed 1 step colder copper plugs and properly gapped to remove hesitation on WOT
removed vortech chip and did my own tune
replaced MAF with SVT MAF and relocated IAT sensor
installed Wideband O2 and boost gauge (with help from meford and son)
fixed the paint damage in the engine bay from when the TT guys walked a drill bit all over the place to drill A HOLE.
installed alarm
re-wired marker lamp as battery tray was improperly installed, interfering with the corner marker.

Now the dealership has the original MAF and vortech chip and flasher (but no software). I told them that if they run into any problems with the tune or driveability, they should just flash the stock program back in, put the vortech chip on and the stock MAF and call it a day.

Anyways.. for 10G worth of equipment on this $16,000 car, the car's not a terrible deal.. just know what you're getting into.

I know I personally wouldn't sell the car to a friend.
02SVTSEDAN,Nov 6 2006, 12:51 AM Wrote:I fell apon this car looking for a beater!...Good buy but the motor wont last long with that kind of boost..Trust me I went throw a motor with the same type of boost and lets just say I had fun till she died..

Cheers,

9psi of boost is to much????? Jeez, I should turn mine down then!
Flofocus,Nov 6 2006, 10:01 AM Wrote:

Cheers,

9psi of boost is to much????? Jeez, I should turn mine down then!
[right][snapback]214786[/snapback][/right]

Im running close to 8psi with stock downpipe and 2.25" exhaust. 9 psi is not to much that's for sure.
just a quastion....why puttin a super charger in and not putting lets say headers and and exhaust in? gains would be much better with all of them in......or loud is a problem?

A couple things..

yes.. the car had to be as quiet as possible, but I also wanted to keep it as environmentally friendly as possible.

I had an exhaust I was going to put on, but sold it instead in favour of holding out until I could afford a full custom setup that would meet my requirements.

Unfortunately, that day will never arrive now, but I have no regrets. The embarassed look on people's faces when getting smoked by a pea-shooter exhausted car was worth it.

That and it doesn't annoy the neighbours, attract police attention, etc etc... there's a lot to be said about being stealthy.
^^^gotcha

did u ever take to the track? and if yes, what were you times?
nah.. .. I never had much interest in drag racing...

But I took it autocrossing a few times, which was fun. With better tires, this car would have a lot of potential!