FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spotted Behind Me At The Carwash...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried taking a picture of what I saw from the rearview mirror in line at the carwash, but you could barely make out the roof...

[Image: 04-11-06_1303.jpg]
Lotus Elise?
That's gotta be an Elise. Nice color too :)
looks like the one my freinds brother in-law got. Love the handling on that thing
Problem 1... Somebody is taking a Lotus Elise through a car wash!?!??! For shame...

Problem 2... YOU are taking a brand new Mustang Convertible through a car wash??!?! For shame... :D

Ryan
reldridge,Nov 5 2006, 07:33 PM Wrote:Problem 1... Somebody is taking a Lotus Elise through a car wash!?!??! For shame...

Problem 2... YOU are taking a brand new Mustang Convertible through a car wash??!?! For shame... :D

Ryan
[right][snapback]214720[/snapback][/right]

Hey, give him a break, it's not like he's going through a carwash with brushes :P

Right DP? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
reldridge,Nov 5 2006, 07:33 PM Wrote:Problem 1... Somebody is taking a Lotus Elise through a car wash!?!??! For shame...

Ryan
[right][snapback]214720[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I was thinking the same thing!

Did you know that car washes reuse their water (something to do with a waste law). Ever wonder how those touchless washes leave the car just as dirty after it dries as those soft-brush washes do? :rolleyes: Triple soap/premium wash or not, the only advantage to a touchless wash is that it's a quick alternative to get salt off the car.
My wife's uncle used to take his Taurus through a 'soft brush' wash once a week. Then he noticed there was no paint on the leading edges of his bumpers... :lol: He noticed it made alot of noise when he went through it. I remember seeing it once, thinking the 'brush' looked like polypropelyne rope tied to a spinning shaft. They have since replaced it with a touchless.

But he is lazy. What's your excuse, Puppet? :D

Ryan
I've actually put my car through a car wash too.

There is a WICKED touchless on eby my place that actually does a GOOD job without damaging your car.
I have no place to wash my car.. period.

so after a few weeks of collecting grime and dust from the non-stop construction, it was high time it got a rinse...

so yeah, it was a touchless... and only the hood got dried.. as I wasn't going to let the top flap in the wind long enough to have the whole car dried.

it's cleanest it's gonna get until the weather warms up enough for me to drive the hour to a coin wash or a friend's place.... it's not like I can just ask mommy and daddy if I can borrow the hose.
darkpuppet,Nov 7 2006, 11:43 AM Wrote:I have no place to wash my car.. period.

so after a few weeks of collecting grime and dust from the non-stop construction, it was high time it got a rinse...

so yeah, it was a touchless... and only the hood got dried.. as I wasn't going to let the top flap in the wind long enough to have the whole car dried.

it's cleanest it's gonna get until the weather warms up enough for me to drive the hour to a coin wash or a friend's place.... it's not like I can just ask mommy and daddy if I can borrow the hose.
[right][snapback]214982[/snapback][/right]

I don't ask mommy nad daddy to borrow the hose :P :huh: :unsure: :P :)
true... but it's just a fact of living in the city.. anything automotive is a considerable drive away...

If I move outside the city, I guess I can spend my nights alone washing the car just fine.
euro_zx5,Nov 5 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:Did you know that car washes reuse their water (something to do with a waste law). Ever wonder how those touchless washes leave the car just as dirty after it dries as those soft-brush washes do? :rolleyes:  Triple soap/premium wash or not, the only advantage to a touchless wash is that it's a quick alternative to get salt off the car.
[right][snapback]214743[/snapback][/right]

Not sure where you're coming from here.. touchless washes don't reuse the dirty water to wash the next car. I work at a touchless wash and all the water is RO filtered with soft water rinses. The water that is getting sprayed on the car is cleaner than the regular tap water that is safe for drinking..

As for a touchless not getting the car clean, they can do a pretty good job but when the road film on your car builds up (from exhaust, smog, etc) it needs to be disturbed by something more than just waterguns. They actually recommend that you wash it by hand every few washes. Dark colored cars are especially bad for showing the road film, that's why you see black cars rolling out of a touchless wash not looking any cleaner than they did.
darkpuppet,Nov 7 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:I have no place to wash my car.. period.

[right][snapback]214982[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I know the feeling DP, living in a condo means having to go elsewhere to wash the beast. There is a coin op wash about a kilometre away next to a Crappy Tire that I normally use when its warm enough, but because I'm so slow in my task I'm usually spending $10 in coins :rolleyes:

My other option is a touchless wash at a Shell, it isn't bad but it isn't as good as getting in there with teh ose when you see crap sticking places where it shouldn't, esp. the wheels :ph34r:

Ah the joys of owning an object that's propelled through the air and hits every atom of dirt present as it does so :lol:

NefCanuck
yeah.. I wish they would put a coin-op wash downtown within reasonable driving distance...

the one by Anthony's place rocks tho...
I hear ya on the apartment living... :rolleyes: Gave that up over a year ago for the townhouse. Better for washing the car, but worse for the nerves... The neighbour I'm connected to has a daycare, and the kids are ALWAYS in the driveway... :huh:

Ryan