FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So How Long Do I Have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Goin to get the bmw registered in my name tomorrow as I just got it safetied...

The etest was last done Nov 25/05, so I should be good for that.

My question is how long does that last once I have it registered in my name? I wanted to transfer my Justy plates which have a valid JAN07 Sticker on it, but will I have to re-etest in Jan anyways? or am I good till Jan 08, when shes 20 years old. :)
Flofocus,Nov 2 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:Goin to get the bmw registered in my name tomorrow as I just got it safetied...

The etest was last done Nov 25/05, so I should be good for that.

My question is how long does that last once I have it registered in my name?  I wanted to transfer my Justy plates which have a valid JAN07 Sticker on it, but will I have to re-etest in Jan anyways?  or am I good till Jan 08, when shes 20 years old.  :)
[right][snapback]214354[/snapback][/right]

As far as I understand the new rules, you have one year with a car of your vintage. IE: You plate it now with the test you have, you're good until the next year ('08) but you'll need yearly e-tests.

NefCanuck
I am pretty sure of three things
1. Your e-test for a transfer of ownership must be within the past 30 days to be valid.
2. You will have to retest in Jan....... But that depends on the year of the car.
3. You will need better winter boots and a warmer coat for pushin your new bitchin beamer
meford4u,Nov 2 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:I am pretty sure of three things
1.  Your e-test for a transfer of ownership must be within the past 30 days to be valid.
2.  You will have to retest in Jan....... But that depends on the year of the car.
3.  You will need better winter boots and a warmer coat for pushin your new bitchin beamer
[right][snapback]214361[/snapback][/right]

I hope to prove you wrong on all 3 points.
Flofocus,Nov 2 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:
1.  Your e-test for a transfer of ownership must be within the past 30 days to be valid.
2.  You will have to retest in Jan....... But that depends on the year of the car.
3.  You will need better winter boots and a warmer coat for pushin your new bitchin beamer

I hope to prove you wrong on all 3 points.
[right][snapback]214362[/snapback][/right]
go edit yourself

in 2007 they will test even # vehicles
Transfer of ownership requires a new e-test preformed within 30 days.
- your E-test is valid for 1 year from the date testing was done and you can change ownership as many times as you want as long as your e-test is valid you are ok.

- your plate will expire in jan, so I guess you will need to e-test once your plates are expired. See if you could purchase new 2 year sticker and return your old plates in, you should be able to get credit for the old sticker. and use that money towards new plates. new plates cost 10$ and sticker for 2 years is 150$. this wil allow u to bypass the e-test for 2 years

i just did the exact thing with the new focus I got. Also when i sold the Jetta the e-test was done in Nov of 05 but they let me trasnfer the car to the new buyer eventhoght there was only 3 days had left for the e-test to expire
mo_focus,Nov 2 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:- your E-test is valid for 1 year from the date testing was done and you can change ownership as many times as you want as long as your e-test is valid you are ok.

- your plate will expire in jan, so I guess you will need to e-test once your plates are expired. See if you could purchase new 2 year sticker and return your old plates in, you should be able to get credit for the old sticker. and use that money towards new plates. new plates cost 10$ and sticker for 2 years is 150$. this wil allow u to bypass the e-test for 2 years

i just did the exact thing with the new focus I got. Also when i sold the Jetta the e-test was done in Nov of 05 but they let me trasnfer the car to the new buyer eventhoght there was only 3 days had left for the e-test to expire
[right][snapback]214389[/snapback][/right]

Thats what my mechanic freind told me to do to....will find out soon enuff, heh!

Thks!

Wrong on points 1 & 2, just got a drive some more to prove 3 wrong now. :P

I got a credit for my justy plates, and got new ones that are valid till JAN08. :D
Flofocus,Nov 4 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:Wrong on points 1 & 2, just got a drive some more to prove 3 wrong now. :P

I got a credit for my justy plates, and got new ones that are valid till JAN08.  :D
[right][snapback]214592[/snapback][/right]

And Flo is tha winnar! :lol:

Ryan
reldridge,Nov 4 2006, 11:12 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 4 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:Wrong on points 1 & 2, just got a drive some more to prove 3 wrong now. :P

I got a credit for my justy plates, and got new ones that are valid till JAN08.  :D
[right][snapback]214592[/snapback][/right]

And Flo is tha winnar! :lol:

Ryan
[right][snapback]214621[/snapback][/right]

Urm, technically I "won" since I gave Flot the right answer way back at the beginning :P :D

NefCanuck