FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wrote Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ANTHONYD,Nov 2 2006, 01:50 PM Wrote:I called it.

"listen boys....he's gonna smash in his muffler"

CLANG!!!!
[right][snapback]214338[/snapback][/right]

Definately one of the funniest moments from the BBQ this year.

And this works for the best, the first focus let him work out his inner ricer, now he's got that out of his system, so he won't need fart cans on the new focus.
Mason,Nov 2 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:They got the hood open today to have a look. Engine mount broke. And it drumped all the oil from a crack some where.

The roof is Bent so the frame is bent. They figure it will cost more to fix then over 50% of what the car is worth.  Top righthand corner of the windshield is cracked to. from the roof shifting lol
[right][snapback]214408[/snapback][/right]

Okay, that Focus is toast, once it dumps the oil and they don't know where its from, the motor is pooched AKA "Write that sumbitch off son"

Now the fun of car shopping again is yours :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 2 2006, 12:52 AM Wrote:
Mason,Nov 1 2006, 07:59 PM Wrote:Aparently I hit her hard enuf that the whole car has twisted. The roof dips on one side.
[right][snapback]214209[/snapback][/right]

No bag pop? :blink: you must have just cornered her perfectly...

I'm betting they seriously look at repairing that... be careful :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]214256[/snapback][/right]

I doubt it, my damage wasnt half that bad and they wrote mine off. :S s***ty deals though.
and as for ZX#'s in London, there is one at htat Ford dealership at Highbury and Dundas.. 2003 silver 45000km, I think they wanted about $10-11000.
talk to the sales people there though, tell them what you are looking for and they can probably find it
jen_deans,Nov 2 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:
Mason,Nov 1 2006, 07:59 PM Wrote:Aparently I hit her hard enuf that the whole car has twisted. The roof dips on one side.

NefCanuck

I doubt it, my damage wasnt half that bad and they wrote mine off. :S s***ty deals though.
and as for ZX#'s in London, there is one at htat Ford dealership at Highbury and Dundas.. 2003 silver 45000km, I think they wanted about $10-11000.
talk to the sales people there though, tell them what you are looking for and they can probably find it
[right][snapback]214418[/snapback][/right]

wow
that better be SVT....
NikiterZTS,Nov 2 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:
jen_deans,Nov 2 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:i doubt it, my damage wasnt half that bad and they wrote  mine off. :S s***ty deals though.

wow
that better be SVT....
[right][snapback]214420[/snapback][/right]

take a look around trader.ca there are alot of focus' going for prices around that. jsut cause they wont give us much on a trade for it doesnt mean they wont try to sell them for $10-13,000+
ZX5focused,Nov 2 2006, 10:13 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 2 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:
jen_deans,Nov 2 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:i doubt it, my damage wasnt half that bad and they wrote  mine off. :S s***ty deals though.

wow
that better be SVT....
[right][snapback]214420[/snapback][/right]

take a look around trader.ca there are alot of focus' going for prices around that. jsut cause they wont give us much on a trade for it doesnt mean they wont try to sell them for $10-13,000+
[right][snapback]214422[/snapback][/right]

i think its still too much for a focus.....if im gonna buy another focus....which pob gonna be zx3 not sure about a year yet.....all i wanna spend at the most is like $8000....with an ok milege
jen_deans,Nov 2 2006, 10:38 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

I would never buy from highburry ford. Hell Id never let them do an oil change.
So are you looking at another Focus?

I know I NICE sedan for sale.
my zx5 may also be forsale, i gotta decide if i wanna move up to something nicer. already modded therfore no fart cans!!! :lol:
Well according to the body shop they might be able to fix it. And thats what I would prefere. Ill know by monday afternoon, It comes down to what the body shop says
that thing will get a red flag in carfax 4 sure...would be hard to sell in the future unless really cheap.....and prob not good for your safety....thats just looking at the pics
Its not really up to me at this point. Its up to statefarm and we all know they will take the cheapest way.
But ima fight for the right off. In other words ima have Mt.brydges ford ask it be written off. ( Friend of the family out there and the family is a friend of the body shop where my car is lol )
ANTHONYD,Nov 3 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:So are you looking at another Focus?

[right][snapback]214457[/snapback][/right]

Me too ;)
2001 ZTS,Nov 4 2006, 08:26 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 3 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:So are you looking at another Focus?

[right][snapback]214457[/snapback][/right]

Me too ;)
[right][snapback]214606[/snapback][/right]

Funny, we were thinking of the same car!

Mason,Nov 4 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:Its not really up to me at this point. Its up to statefarm and we all know they will take the cheapest way.
But ima fight for the right off. In other words ima have Mt.brydges ford ask it be written off. ( Friend of the family out there and the family is a friend of the body shop where my car is lol )
[right][snapback]214605[/snapback][/right]

actually, no...

It's your right to choose the shop that does the work. Insurance companies cannot cow you into taking it to another shop. Insurance companies also cannot force you to seek out the cheapest quote or get multiple quotes. That's law (and interestingly enough, something I learned while going to a car-care clinic that was geared for hopelessly car disinclined people).

You take it into YOUR shop, and have them quote a proper price on what it's gonna cost to fix it right...
Well the body shop its at is the one I prefere it be at. I have had good results with them before. And basicly they needed this weekend to rip the car down and build a price to send to StateFarm.
cool.. I'm glad it's at a shop you trust man... here's hopin' you get back up on your wheels soon...

02SVTSEDAN

oldeguy,Nov 1 2006, 02:34 PM Wrote:Sedans hold more beer
[right][snapback]214156[/snapback][/right]

Right on man.. :beerchug:
Good luck Mason.

So the bodyshop got back to me late today. It is going to be written according to him. Is came in at a wonderful 6500$ damage
Pages: 1 2 3 4