FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Uh.... Wha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly don't know how to feel about this:

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.ht...8ddd9d6&k=17995

Discuss. :unsure:
For all that our troops are putting on the line overthere, i think they deserve a cup of tims if thats what they want. I won't argue that the costs are pretty high, but that 4 million would just get wasted somewhere else, atleast its going to a good cause.
habmann,Nov 1 2006, 01:50 AM Wrote:For all that our troops are putting on the line overthere, i think they deserve a cup of tims if thats what they want. I won't argue that the costs are pretty high, but that 4 million would just get wasted somewhere else, atleast its going to a good cause.
[right][snapback]214092[/snapback][/right]

Although I agree that our troops certainly deserve a cup of Tim's if they want and don't blame the DND for making this happen ... I'm a little disappointed that the only thing Tim Horton's did was waive the franchise fee - which as I'm sure you know is not an out of pocket expense.

Everything I've read so far certainly left the impression that Tim Horton's was paying for a lot of this themselves as a good corporate citizen; and although they have no obligation to do so, considering all the promotional good will they've received from this effort I'm surprised and disappointed that they haven't.

Bottom line for me: I don't have a problem with them doing it ... I do have a problem with the wrong impression created about how it was being paid for.
habmann,Nov 1 2006, 01:50 AM Wrote:For all that our troops are putting on the line overthere, i think they deserve a cup of tims if thats what they want. I won't argue that the costs are pretty high, but that 4 million would just get wasted somewhere else, atleast its going to a good cause.
[right][snapback]214092[/snapback][/right]

I agree^^^^^!!! There putting there life on the line for us...We should pay them at least a coffee.
ill tell u what if i was on the line for canada in afganistan id want my god damn 2/2 after a hard days work.

my 2 cents

ZTWsquared,Nov 1 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:Bottom line for me: I don't have a problem with them doing it ... I do have a problem with the wrong impression created about how it was being paid for.
[right][snapback]214105[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that amount. :blink:
ZTWsquared,Nov 1 2006, 07:56 AM Wrote:Everything I've read so far certainly left the impression that Tim Horton's was paying for a lot of this themselves as a good corporate citizen; and although they have no obligation to do so, considering all the promotional good will they've received from this effort I'm surprised and disappointed that they haven't.

Bottom line for me: I don't have a problem with them doing it ... I do have a problem with the wrong impression created about how it was being paid for.[right][snapback]214105[/snapback][/right]
Well said, as usual.
Well I don't think the Canadian troops should be there in the first place. But since they are, I don't really see a huge problem with this.

I agree with ZTW, "I do have a problem with the wrong impression created about how it was being paid for." I think that Tim Hortons has gotten a lot of good press over this, and it's not right since they haven't spent anything on it. If they want the good press and business this brought them, they should have paid some of the cost to send it there. Footed some of the bill. I don't want to be paying Tim Hortons' ad campaign (I don't even buy anything there).
I'm also disappointed in the deception of the taxpayer. I really don't think that anyone would have a problem with the cost of giving our troops, whether or not we think the troops should be there or not, a little taste of home. Heck, we don't pay our troopps enough, or give them the tools to protect themselves properly. Maybe we all should boycott Tim Hortons for a week, just to show our disappointment for their deception.

Personally, Swiss Chalet should be over there too.
It would have been nice if it was their when I did my tour ........... but overall its a good thing. Just a tad stressful !!