FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Which Focus Would You Get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
financing is not an issue, i don't konw if i shoud keep same zetec engine or
is it worth to go with different engine and trans??..transferring everything from one car to another won't be an issue)

EDIT* CHANGED TITLE FOR THOSE DON'T WANT TO READ ORIGINAL POST..
Duratec or SVT. More parts being made for that engine, whereas Zetec is going the way of the dinosaur.
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 14 2009, 07:32 AM Wrote:Duratec or SVT.  More parts being made for that engine, whereas Zetec is going the way of the dinosaur.
[right][snapback]295957[/snapback][/right]

Dude SVT parts are more rare! Throw a rod and go try and find a new SVT block.

ZETEC=Dirt CHEAP!, theres still lots of parts around. If you blow the motor you can easily get a new one with warranty for 300-400.
DURATEC ALL THE WAY
Were are you getting you're prices from??? Standard Auto in scar has a couple for only $500.
Or were you talking about a new car with the Duratec in it.
Scorcher000,Oct 14 2009, 07:20 AM Wrote:DURATEC ALL THE WAY
Were are you getting you're prices from??? Standard Auto in scar has a couple for only $500.
[right][snapback]295961[/snapback][/right]

He would need everything, engine, trans, harness, computers, etc. etc.
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 14 2009, 08:40 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Oct 14 2009, 07:20 AM Wrote:DURATEC ALL THE WAY
[right][snapback]295961[/snapback][/right]

He would need everything, engine, trans, harness, computers, etc. etc.
[right][snapback]295963[/snapback][/right]

Yup, stick with a Zetec dood. Dont know where you're getting your prices, but those are stoopid expensive. i can get SVT engines for under $1500, and Zetecs with warranty for under $500.
hardk0re,Oct 14 2009, 08:01 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 14 2009, 07:32 AM Wrote:Duratec or SVT.  More parts being made for that engine, whereas Zetec is going the way of the dinosaur.
[right][snapback]295957[/snapback][/right]

Dude SVT parts are more rare! Throw a rod and go try and find a new SVT block.

ZETEC=Dirt CHEAP!, theres still lots of parts around. If you blow the motor you can easily get a new one with warranty for 300-400.
[right][snapback]295960[/snapback][/right]

I stand corrected... However I was pointing to aftermarket performance parts, not blocks.

Duratec all the way!
ya i bet you could get everything you need for even a swap for under 1500$ for duratec and likely a little more for SVT. i would go 2.3l! you can get one for like 750$, a tranny for around 400 and then buy ECU and wiring harness from same car. no need to buy a car and sway everything from it only to ruin a car and toss it...
konafocuswrc,Oct 13 2009, 11:23 PM Wrote:transferring everything from one car to another won't be an issue)
[right][snapback]295956[/snapback][/right]

yo alllll buddies or girls(?), can't u read??

EDIT* CHANGED TITLE FOR THOSE DON'T WANT TO READ ORIGINAL POST..
i actually like the look of zetec and had fun with it..
i kinda got sick of it after having this problem and that..

only reason i m buying used focus and hand over to mechanic is that it is easier for them to do swap and cheaper that way..
and also i could part out rest of car..

my buddy and his buddy(mechanic) tried to get parts only but they all said it was very difficult to get all the pieces gathered..and they gave up once..

since all focus except 08+ using same chasis, i kinda want to try svt but it is very hard to find and the 1 i could fine was located in mississauga and priced at $7999 or something..

then found 05~07 focus for $4000~$6000..but i still need to figure out which one got 2.3L
konafocuswrc,Oct 14 2009, 09:53 AM Wrote:but i still need to figure out which one got 2.3L
[right][snapback]295976[/snapback][/right]

That's easy. Only Focus ST's had the 2.3l Duratec.

Unless you buy an American PZEV car, which isn't the same 2.3l...
konafocuswrc,Oct 14 2009, 09:53 AM Wrote:my buddy and his buddy(mechanic) tried to get parts only but they all said it was very difficult to get all the pieces gathered..and they gave up once..

They suck then, I can find complete engines, tranmissions, etc with 1 phone call. So can a lot of people who are not mechanics. Find better people to deal with.
reldridge,Oct 14 2009, 10:53 AM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Oct 14 2009, 09:53 AM Wrote:but i still need to figure out which one got 2.3L

[right][snapback]295980[/snapback][/right]

^^ QFT - however, if you want to go FI the 2.3 PZEV is just fine according to Randy at Focussport.

Standard auto wreckers has a 2003 wagon with the 2.3 Duratec engine in it ... I phoned and the guy I spoke to insisted it was a Canadian car - but anyway, the pic clearly shows a duratec and the listing says 2.3 ... so must be a US car - the only thing is its mated to an auto ... not sure if that makes much difference for a standard tranny application.

Standard Auto 2003 2.3 PZEV

tranny wont matter much, u can custom tune an ECU off a 2.0l with a precanned from FSwerks, also mat up a 5 speed to it. you can remove the PZEV components and make it pretty well the same as the ST motor. transmission will have different gearing aswell being a PZEV, i know MTX-75 has 3.42 gears, dunna what they do with auto. 2.3L PZEV i think has about 140 hp
i have a 5spd Duratec tranny with 100k you can have for $250 (comes with a new clutch) not that youd yous it lol

just a thought...
ZTWsquared,Oct 14 2009, 10:13 AM Wrote:
reldridge,Oct 14 2009, 10:53 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]295980[/snapback][/right]

^^ QFT - however, if you want to go FI the 2.3 PZEV is just fine according to Randy at Focussport.

Standard auto wreckers has a 2003 wagon with the 2.3 Duratec engine in it ... I phoned and the guy I spoke to insisted it was a Canadian car - but anyway, the pic clearly shows a duratec and the listing says 2.3 ... so must be a US car - the only thing is its mated to an auto ... not sure if that makes much difference for a standard tranny application.

Standard Auto 2003 2.3 PZEV
[right][snapback]295991[/snapback][/right]

it can't be canadian car..
how they sell??they sell as whole or part??
i need whole car but rear ended will be much better..

and to answer "tranny doesn't matter", it actually matters, it is not as easy as turning ecu off..wiring needs to be modified as well..but that would be additional cost of labour..

i m not doing this by myself, i m letting my buddy's buddy to do this swap job and he knows nothing about focus..
i m leaning forward to duratec..but not sure about 2.0 and 2.3..
if i can get rear ended car, then i might easily find 2.3 but all of them on classified thingy, they only have 2.0..
ZTWsquared,Oct 14 2009, 01:13 PM Wrote:Standard Auto 2003 2.3 PZEV
[right][snapback]295991[/snapback][/right]

Standard Auto Wreckers also has a yard in New York state. You can see this on the main Home page of their website. So they will bring in wrecks/parts from the US if its needed here.

Last year I bought a GMC/Chevy engine for a pickup truck and it was out of one of the trucks they had on the US side. Took them a day or so to get it brought over.