FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp - Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I’m thinking about MBRP for the new wagon and see a listing on MBRP’s website for wagons through 2006 @ $239 USD – excellent. MBRP is 15 minutes from the cottage – I’ll pick it up and save the $40US shipping cost.

Thinking the ’07 wagon should be identical to the ’06 I figure I’m set and email MBRP to confirm the fitment.

Not only is Ed at MBRP not sure if the ’07 is the same as the ’06, he tells me that the S4041 wagon exhaust requires the removal of the second cat.

Am I confused … is Ed confused … I’ve searched and this is the first indication I see that you have to remove a cat from the Duratec to fit the MBRP.

Can anyone confirm that the ’07 exhaust is the same as the ’06?

And has anyone out there installed this exhaust on a Duratec without removing the cat?

Thanks for any and all advice.

BTW – if it turns out I’m picking up an exhaust at MBRP I’d be happy to pick up others if anyone else is buying – I can take the trailer so no real limit to how many I can transport.
ZTWsquared,Oct 30 2006, 12:35 PM Wrote:So I’m thinking about MBRP for the new wagon and see a listing on MBRP’s website for wagons through 2006 @ $239 USD – excellent. MBRP is 15 minutes from the cottage – I’ll pick it up and save the $40US shipping cost.

Thinking the ’07 wagon should be identical to the ’06 I figure I’m set and email MBRP to confirm the fitment.

Not only is Ed at MBRP not sure if the ’07 is the same as the ’06, he tells me that the S4041 wagon exhaust requires the removal of the second cat.

Am I confused … is Ed confused … I’ve searched and this is the first indication I see that you have to remove a cat from the Duratec to fit the MBRP.

Can anyone confirm that the ’07 exhaust is the same as the ’06?

And has anyone out there installed this exhaust on a Duratec without removing the cat?

Thanks for any and all advice.

BTW – if it turns out I’m picking up an exhaust at MBRP I’d be happy to pick up others if anyone else is buying – I can take the trailer so no real limit to how many I can transport.
[right][snapback]213866[/snapback][/right]

Ken,

This could actually work in your favour...
I had a 2000 (VR6) VW Jetta with a Custom exhaust and a Brullen muffler. The guy who did my exhaust had never done a 1.8T, and asked if I knew someone with one. In fact I did, so he got a free exhaust because the exhaust guy wanted to experiment and blue print his exhaust.
If this is the case, exploit! exploit! exploit!

...and buy me one with the money you saved. :D :D :D

NefCanuk had a problem with guys at the shop when they were puttin his MBRP on his duratech.....something there was about the cat as well....they wanted to cut it off or somethin....u should really talk to him
I have an '05 sedan and they almost hacked off both cats until I reminded them that I was in Mississauga and subject to Drive Clean... Took 'em an extra two hours to fab up the parts they needed to account for the pair of cats under the car :blink:

In direct answer to your question however, AFAIK the wagon setup is the same between the model years '06 & '07 (based on a review of the vehicle specs from the Ford website)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 30 2006, 02:12 PM Wrote:I have an '05 sedan and they almost hacked off both cats until I reminded them that I was in Mississauga and subject to Drive Clean...  Took 'em an extra two hours to fab up the parts they needed to account for the pair of cats under the car  :blink:
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213882[/snapback][/right]
thanks Daniel,

Yeah I was pretty sure the exhausts would be the same from '06 to '07 -- where did you get yours installed and how much did they charge for the extra fabrication ... and most importantly - how does it sound?
ZTWsquared,Oct 30 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 30 2006, 02:12 PM Wrote:I have an '05 sedan and they almost hacked off both cats until I reminded them that I was in Mississauga and subject to Drive Clean...  Took 'em an extra two hours to fab up the parts they needed to account for the pair of cats under the car  :blink:
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213882[/snapback][/right]
thanks Daniel,

Yeah I was pretty sure the exhausts would be the same from '06 to '07 -- where did you get yours installed and how much did they charge for the extra fabrication ... and most importantly - how does it sound?
[right][snapback]213884[/snapback][/right]

I had them do it up there at the MBRP shop in Huntsville, it was about 2 hour drive there for me from Mississauga. They didn't charge for the installation or the extra fabbing time, since there was a mess up on their end (The order clearly said '05 Focus on it, so somehow it didn't get back to the fab guys)

At idle it sounds only slightly louder than stock, cruising around, you know the sound is different but not obnoxiously so, it's only when you absolutely mash the gas that you can scare the rice rockets into thinking that you actually have some serious ponies under the hood ;)

If you want a listen, we can arrange to meet up somewhere, PM me.

NefCanuck