FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Windows Vista, Not So Great.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the future. :lol:

Vitsta glitch.
That's hilarious!
Funny, but not to be a Microsoft cheerleader here, I've used Dragon Dictate for years, they've been at it for over a decade and it's still wonky at times.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 30 2006, 10:27 AM Wrote:Funny, but not to be a Microsoft cheerleader here, I've used Dragon Dictate for years, they've been at it for over a decade and it's still wonky at times.
[right][snapback]213846[/snapback][/right]

Most speech recognition software is... but it's not too unusual seeing another M$ press conference/unveiling that leads to a BSOD or similar. Luckily the program didn't self destruct, so that's a plus!
There was probably ambient noise or something. However it's still funny (and old!!)

I like Vista though. I have it on my HTPC. Took it off this machine because nVidias drivers weren't real great for my NF4, the network would die constantly (only in RC2-32-bit though, RC1-64-bit was fine).
You think they would have made sure that it would work before they called the press conference.
Well I'm sure they did, but that software often requires you to train it a bit (though I know some more recent ones don't). I imagine the PR guy talking on stage probably never tried it before hand. Doesn't matter though. They always get glitches like this and then millions buy their software anyway lol.
Too funny!

I used to mess with it a few years ago in Office 2000 and Office XP. It was half-decent with a good mic, but still prone to WTF moments. :D
i have a friend running vista pretty cool features high definition desktop, u can scroll through open windows in a 3d manner, and when u leave your curser over minimized boxes on the toolbar they show up in screens
haha that is perfect! we use Vista systems here at work, have pretty similar problems form time to time...