FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flags Of Our Fathers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw the movie flags of our fathers today.... I think it was one of the better movies I have seen in the last little while. If you get the chance while it's still in theatre, check it out.
sweet, thanks for the heads up
i was wondering if it was any good seeing how it didin't chart too well on it's opening
I've seen it. Was a little slow for my taste in some parts. Great war scences though.

Look ma, intestines!
I know a bit of history specifically about the battle for Iwo Jima in which the movie takes place. So I'm actually quite interested in seeing it.
maybe i can drag my g/f out to see it tonight

seen it when it came out....as Kelowna_Focus said it was slow in a sence of the main story about 3 main guys...didn't really like that.....but the action was pretty good....but wasn't too much of that.... i'd give it 6.5 out of 10
The prestige was good
If you want a movie that has an actually story along with it, it's a great movie. In terms of entertainment value though, there were points where it was a bit slow, like most of the others said.... however, story value wins over here, and I would much rather see that movie again than waste my time watching some other Hollywood-ed 'makeup/breakup' thought stream
USA! USA! USA!

To be honest I wasn't going to see this movie for fears of being another, "The US won the war for the world because our flag was so powerful"- type movie.

Then again, maybe I should Clint Eastwood a bit of credit.. the guy doesn't really make trash movies.
just got see SAW 3.....there's a good story to that movie :)
D-Dub,Oct 30 2006, 05: Wrote:The prestige was good
[right][snapback]213909[/snapback][/right]

Agreed - we thought it was great!

I'm normally not much for non-linear story-telling, but it was worth seeing!